1,000 Mile Review - Outstanding Vehicle...But

Ha. I'm 70 and was 5-8. Also had a severe, crippling (hydro condone level) sciatica attack a few years ago that laid me low and left me with a cane for a while. The cure (after the spinal shots) was PT and yoga and covid (covid made me drop 70 pounds. fear of drowning in your own snot is a powerful motivator). Old people need to stretch every day. Still, I bang my 5-7 head every time I forget to duck in or out of the car. Much sympathy for my tall brothers here. The car is awesome but I definitely see your point.

Looks like our owner demographics are quite tightly grouped.
I am 71 and that looks like me trying to get out of my C8 Corvette!!

I’m not an owner, but still considering buying one. The thought of banging my head is a huge turnoff. I have a Model S, and that’s plenty low for me. Is the Air lower?

I am 5’10” and 155 lbs. I had a 2015 S550 and I really loved it, but we’re all electric now.

I’m not an owner, but still considering buying one. The thought of banging my head is a huge turnoff. I have a Model S, and that’s plenty low for me. Is the Air lower?

I am 5’10” and 155 lbs. I had a 2015 S550 and I really loved it, but we’re all electric now.
I'm 5'10" and haven't really banged my head much. At least not that I can remember. 🤣
Seriously though, I suggest you take a test drive before you decide. Do you have a studio near you?

Im 6'5", 205 lbs, 64 years, in quite good shape. Run 6 miles 4x a week and do arobics. No problems for me getting in/out but have to bend my body/head more that the average car but ok for me.

According to Edmunds, the height of Model S is 56.3 in., the height of the Air 55.5 in.

Definitely test drive at a studio or find a local owner on this board near you, I suspect he/she will be happy to show you the car.

At 5'10" and 155 lbs I suspect you will have no problem. At 6'4" and 290 lbs I never banged my head, but I developed a method of entry/exit to NOT bang my head. While I never banged my head, my lower back did not like being stressed and let me know about it. If not for my lower back I would still own the car today. Loved it! I am wait listed on the Gravity

I'm 5-10/165 and fit great in my GT. Feels very spacious. I was concerned that the low sloping A-pillar would make entry and exit a chore, but I no longer even think about it, a non-issue.

I'm 5-10/165 and fit great in my GT. Feels very spacious. I was concerned that the low sloping A-pillar would make entry and exit a chore, but I no longer even think about it, a non-issue.
I have not had problems getting in and out but found early on that trying to reach a drive through window at a bank or pharmacy is a problem due to the low ceiling and high waist.

I have not had problems getting in and out but found early on that trying to reach a drive through window at a bank or pharmacy is a problem due to the low ceiling and high waist.
I have to open door to press the intercom dials in community gates. Not a deal breaker, but hassle in rain.

1150 miles on my Air Touring I had delivered in December. I’m in Southern California and just went through a few rainstorms. So far zero major issues. Just some false traffic alerts once in a blue moon. Love the car! I’m taking it to the mountains today, see how it handles cold whether. It seems like Lucid corrected a lot of problems with newer builds and deliveries.

Back