Recent content by Lucken

  1. L

    Target $0

    What can I tell you, we don’t have many main roads like that in NY, at least not in populated NY/LI. Actually, as I think about it, the roads in my condo development don’t have lines either and it’s never had an issue navigating. I would absolutely expect Waymo to do things a Tesla can’t do...
  2. L

    Target $0

    And for me and many others, that day has arrived. :) As for the experience you related, I for one would never initiate FSD in areas where there are no lane markings. It’s simply unreasonable to expect the system to navigate areas like that. Certainly in the NY area that’s a use case I’ve never...
  3. L

    Target $0

    Your hardware is several generations old and you’re not running the latest software which was only released a few weeks ago. I’d be willing to bet there’s an excellent chance that HW4 hardware together with the latest software would yield a different result. Or perhaps not. Maybe your area has...
  4. L

    Target $0

    What hardware & software version are you using.
  5. L

    Target $0

    No, I’m not saying that at all. I just find it odd that I don’t read of these experiences on the Tesla forum where people do bitch & moan about other things, nor do I personally know of Tesla owners that have these near catastrophic accidents. If you watched savagegeese’s video you would see his...
  6. L

    Target $0

    Not saying it didn’t happen, but I gotta say it’s amazing with these coincidences of me extolling the virtues of Tesla’s FSD and you, only 2 minutes prior being in a near catastrophic accident with a Tesla. Yet everyone I know that has a newer Tesla has never had anything like this happen. What...
  7. L

    Target $0

    I have already explained its capabilities and how it’s performed, so perhaps I’ve taken a Time Machine to 10 years in the future. I set my destination, press FSD and the car proceeds to drive me to my destination without any fanfare. It navigates any route I’ve given it, traverses traffic...
  8. L

    Target $0

    Living with the system allows you to see its logic, to see the decisions it makes, to see how that logic and those decisions compare with what you would do in similar situations. In fact there was one instance it saw a pedestrian starting to cross that I initially missed. I have a friend that...
  9. L

    Target $0

    Yes, you’re right. I just sold my Tesla. I trust your judgment and sweeping generalizations far more than my own experience or some guy who is one of the most respected car reviewers in the business. OY! Exhausting.
  10. L

    Target $0

    Well it looks like my last post was deleted. Oh well. I was simply going to add a recent review from savagegeese for those who are curious about a respected reviewer’s first Tesla review, paying particular attention to his FSD opinions that largely reflect what I’ve said:
  11. L

    Target $0

    I agree, but if there’s a 1/2 ounce of honesty in some that are posting here, I would not say this is the most objective crowd to get opinions on anything Tesla, Musk or FSD. As I said, I experienced FSD in an earlier MS and that most certainly did suck. The newest hardware together with the...
  12. L

    Target $0

    Well then, assuming you were running a car with hardware 4 and the latest software, our experiences couldn’t be more different. It’s really odd that a couple of people here, non owners, relate experiences that are so vastly different than the average owners I read and actually know. Even in our...
  13. L

    Target $0

    Yes I understand, however when the car drives me unassisted to my destination, gets me there without any intervention on my part, parks the car perfectly, that defines to a T my wishes for FSD. There are times you are tired and may have a long drive ahead of you and having the ability to turn...
  14. L

    Target $0

    It must be, but it’s interesting that my experience doesn’t seem to be so unique as I read other owner’s experiences in other parts of the country. We were headed back from the Hamptons on the weekend and headed in to a setting sun. Because of the low sun angle, some smears on the windshield...
  15. L

    Target $0

    I haven’t had to intervene once. For me it’s as close to any definition of FSD as I’ll ever need. I honestly don’t consider you to be anything even approaching an objective assessor of anything Tesla, I’ve read enough of your posts to come to that determination. ;)
Back
Top