Recent content by Jwutt

  1. J

    Interested in Previewing Future Lucid Air Software?

    I appreciate the reply. I would love to get an early look at new software features as someone who designs and tests software as part of my work. Having a satellite/virtual option at the Chicago (Oak Brook) Studio (and others) would’ve made participation possible for me and likely others...
  2. J

    Lease Buyout

    PenFed Credit Union offers great rates. That’s who I used for a loan on a new Air. Did everything online and customer service was very helpful when I called with a few questions. Can’t say for sure they will do used loans on lease buyouts, but it’s worth a call if you are still looking.
  3. J

    Interested in Previewing Future Lucid Air Software?

    Unfortunately with such short notice and no virtual option to participate, 30 hours of driving each way (excluding charging and rest stops) isn’t realistic and flights alone are over $1000. Having a focus group of what will likely be all or mostly Bay Area owners doesn’t give Lucid a...
  4. J

    Lease Buyout

    Search your VIN on https://visor.vin, it will give you information about it being for sale or sold by any dealership. It doesn’t include direct to consumer used (or new) vehicles for sale, so if it lands on a Lucid lot, you won’t see it. Free site, worth a check! Found out our trade-in ended up...
  5. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    I’m jealous! For whatever reason .30 has been a step backwards for me. No noticeable change in phone unlock (works too good in the garage, takes way too long away from the house and 50% of the time have to pull the phone out and open it), my profile sometimes loads and sometimes it decides to...
  6. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    I’ve started running into to a similar issue where pre-.16 bugs are making a comeback in .30. CarPlay not working, can’t get Nav to work, profiles messed up/not loading. “Improved reliability” is not being found for me. I miss the “robustness” we previously had.
  7. J

    Wrong Driver Profile Loads… Sometimes

    On our 26 AT, every once in a while when I get in the car, it loads my wife’s profile. This can happen at any time, and there is no pattern that I can figure out. Sometimes it’s when we are both getting into the car or it’s just me and she is no where close by. The fobs are stored away from the...
  8. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    Lucid did say the “don’t auto lock at home” feature is coming for the Air but didn’t specify (as far as I know) if it’ll be in the current UX 2.0 software or it it will be part of the UX 3.0 upgrade coming later this year.
  9. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    The update for 2.8.30 did appear, quick install, but haven’t noticed any differences. Same quirks as before but also no new issues, so that’s good!
  10. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    Considering .17 came out December 8 and I haven’t received the update after 3+ months, I feel like that is being patient. Turns out it was limited to certain vehicles, but release notes never mention that, and the same pattern might be playing out again with .30 - vague release notes that...
  11. J

    Air Version 2.8.30

    This looks like another update limited to certain vehicles, possibly only those equipped with DDPro. We are left to guess and speculate as the release notes lack any useful information. My 2026 AT with DDPremium is still on .16 and indicates it is up to date. Would be nice to know if OTA updates...
  12. J

    New 2026 Air Touring Owner — Loving the Car, But Tough Timing with BF Lease Deal

    When buying or leasing a vehicle, I take the approach that the vehicle was a price I felt was fair at the time and was in the range I was willing to pay. Hindsight is great, but doesn’t change anything, which is why I decided to focus on enjoying the car. We purchased our 26 AT in September and...
  13. J

    Lemon law progress (Quebec) 2024 Lucid Air and service woes

    That’s not a great experience at all and I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. I have a 2026 AT and my experience with Lucid service in the Chicago area has been terrific. They called me because my car sent a bad pump code, and being 2+ hours away, they had a transport company pick the...
  14. J

    Buying a pre-owned Air directly from Lucid - A cautionary tale

    That’s really unfortunate, and I do appreciate how you just laid out the facts and avoided going all caps screaming about it in an unhinged rant. Reading various forums and this sub, it looks to me that people’s experiences in how Lucid responds to issues and concerns varies greatly. I ended up...
  15. J

    What does issuing Air's OTA 2.8.9 say about Air's OTA 3.x.x?

    If you look at https://www.lucidupdates.com/ota-updates.html, the patch notes were far more detailed in May 2025 and earlier and now no longer include any information at all. I wish Lucid would return to that prior practice.
Back
Top