Recent content by joecrna

  1. J

    new 2026 air with aeronaut wheels

    Awesome wheels. I'd switch mine if ever needed. Good choice on stereo and seats too. Now if Dream Drive Pro ever actually becomes worth anywhere near the extra charge, functionality sucks, that would be a nice add too.
  2. J

    Why is the Pure RWD so much lighter?

    First, comparing curb weights, even from the same manufacturer, is notoriously difficult. Lucid makes so many running changes even their own documents and delivery centers often trail behind. Add in some advertising license and who knows. If you really want to know you have to weigh them...
  3. J

    I took my 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD to a race track and here are my in depth comments

    Don't know that is true but; my car was in to have the wiring harness replaced, the techs know I am interested in getting as much power out of this as possible as soon as the warrantee is expired. I am concerned about overheating the wiring. The said all Air models use the same harness. Now...
  4. J

    I took my 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD to a race track and here are my in depth comments

    Its been a long time since I actually timed my car with the Vbox, so I took it out last night to charge and time. I've not had the opportunity to top mine out yet either. 0-60 3.1 sec at 50% SOC and 90%. I was unable to get a reliable 1/4 time. Slowest was 11.8, consistent with my earlier...
  5. J

    I took my 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD to a race track and here are my in depth comments

    I was hoping to see your acceleration times. I too have a 2023 Air Pure AWD. I saw the 480 HP figure at Lucid when I picked the car up. I almost never track anything but I do have a Vbox. My 0-60 is 3.1-3.2 sec. The launch control does almost nothing. This time does not change regardless of...
  6. J

    EA 350kW chargers

    You can try calling EA while you are plugged in but its probably a customer care issue for Lucid. They are usually very helpful.
  7. J

    Excessive charging noise at EA station

    I also had a noise while charging. It was so loud you couldn't hold a conversation standing beside the car. They told me it was normal. Record it if it got worse. For a month, it did not but it sure wasn't there before. Another visit for something else and another " the noise is normal"...
  8. J

    Air Touring 2024: Abnormally Slow Charging at Electrify America Fast Chargers

    Currently we use a 240v 50a circuit and the charger from Ford. The Lucid supplied charger and the portable from Ford are stored in the trunks for "emergency" use. The only way we have been able to calculate an acceptable charge for both is with the Lucid home charger but that requires a 100A...
  9. J

    Air Touring 2024: Abnormally Slow Charging at Electrify America Fast Chargers

    She leaves at 6am, gets home about 730. 135 miles round trip plus about 7 more to pick up the dog. I know we are not typical users. Add in the commutes go through the heart of LA and its a torcher test. That's the very reason we started this 3 years experiment. I think the best answer until...
  10. J

    Arizona to Washington

    My Lucid behaves this way no matter where I am. Its been to Lucid service twice. Always pronounced "functioning as designed". Between all of my "daily drivers" I rack up just over 60k miles a year. I use all driver aids like HA or just lane keep assist, depending on the car, as I don't plan...
  11. J

    Air Touring 2024: Abnormally Slow Charging at Electrify America Fast Chargers

    A little clarification; Pragmatic- the 180 mile commute is just the commute, no other quick stops nor the few extra miles to the DC charger. I get home about 8pm and leave the next morning at 4:15. That first hour would be at peak rate ( grandfather at a comparatively low rate for San Diego...
  12. J

    Extreme Heat's Effect on Range

    My 12 hour run, usually 6 or less, was primarily do to charging. Waiting in line at the chargers and then long times charging do to what I feel is excessively conservative charging curves. I had to charge to 90% to reasonably expect to reach the next charger and have enough juice to run the AC...
  13. J

    Air Touring 2024: Abnormally Slow Charging at Electrify America Fast Chargers

    Halodde, I completely agree with you. I just took my pure in for its 1 year service at 20,000 miles (it sat unused for 5 months). Complained that at virtually every single charge station the Lucid is out charged by most everything that sits next to me, every Hyundai, Mercedes, Porsche, VW and...
  14. J

    Arizona to Washington

    Worst drive assist I've had the misfortune of using. Wont follow tighter curves on freeway, ping pongs down lane and "works" on fewer miles of road then Ford or GM with their need for photo documented roads.
  15. J

    Extreme Heat's Effect on Range

    Sorry to revive such an old thread. Just did Orange County to Phoenix 3 weeks ago. Car was loaded with luggage and temps in OC were in the 70s. By Riverside it was 90 and traffic was horrible. By the Curacao Summit it was 100. By Quartzite, 104 the rest of the way. With all of the charging...
Back
Top