This used to be true for Android Auto but it was recently updated to allow dynamic sizing to fit in car displays better. Probably too new for Lucid to have used yet though. https://blog.google/products-and-platforms/platforms/android/android-in-cars-updates/
The post also calls out Dolby Atmos through Android Auto support rolling out. Lucid isn't on the list yet but super exciting that support might expand to more than just the built in Tidal at some point.
Yup having the issue on my Pixel 10 Pro. The app basically doesn't refresh if opening it up while it's been in the background. Have to keep force closing it so it tries to wake up the car.
Also chiming in to say that I think you should get your insurance involved. This is why you pay money to them so you don't have to go after the other party's insurance when they aren't playing ball. I would rather have my insurance companies lawyers involved in a large matter like this than not.
It takes some time to roll out to everyone (1-2 weeks generally). It's for all Air's but the hands free drive assist will only apply to cars with Dreamdrive Pro.
You are not alone. Same issue on my Pixel 9 Pro with the setting set to Automatic. It never switched to night mode automatically for me. I have another car (Ioniq 5) where the automatic day/night switching work great through Android Auto. On the Ioniq 5, my best guess is it's based on the...
On my Ioniq 5, it is actually controlled by some daylight sensor since AA turns to dark mode when going into a tunnel for example. Would hope it's something similar for Lucid also.
Edit: Come to think of it, it might actually be based on the automatic low beams if I had to guess.
Have this same issue as well. The automatic mode is not working and just blinding you at night. I think it's a Lucid issue since it works fine on other cars with AA on the same phone.
We are gonna need a Google Wallet car key support thread soon just like Android Auto, aren't we?
Hoping this comes to Air, I think they can implement using the Bluetooth connection or at least NFC even if there is no UWB