Space ghost coast to coast

USNLucid1

Cars
Lucid Air T
Recently completed a SoCal-Norfolk trip! The highway asst. feature was a huge help! But, I wish the in car Nav had the ability to prioritize stops at Electrify America and stopped charging when I had enough juice to comfortably get to the next stop. #NewFeatureForDreamDrive?

Yes, highway assist helps and also helps efficiency as it holds the speed better than we can.

I usually map out my drive and then in the Lucid car map I manually add the EA stops with the add charging stop feature. I try to add more stops than I need then I quickly delete one if I decide to not stop.

The key for me is to make sure every stop, even for a quick lunch or coffee has a charger. Sometimes a quick 15 minute charge will take you past another stop.

Let me make an educated guess here - five hours of driving for every one hour of charging, approximately?

I’d love to take my Air on coast-to-coast drive. It would be so much fun!

Let me make an educated guess here - five hours of driving for every one hour of charging, approximately?
Should be less than 30 minutes charging per four hours driving in a Touring, if all goes well.
30 minutes per five hours driving in a GT or Dream.

4 hours of driving is 280 miles which is 70 kWh best case. My charging usually averages 95-100 kw over the entire charge (Touring) so that is closer to 45 min for charging every 4 hours. I prefer to stop every 3 hours which equates to 200 miles, 50kwh which is a 30 min charge. Rule of thumb averages of course.

The wife and I very much enjoy driving in this luxury GT car. It is a dream

Last summer in my GT at 80-95 mph on the interstate during the summer I would get 300 miles with 20% battery left, 25 minute charge at EA to 80%.

On long trips with my touring, I tend to drive 3 hours then stop for 30 minutes to charge. My touring will easily go 300 miles on highway which is longer than my wife and I can do without stopping. And when you charge to 80%. It has a 240 mile range. So 3 hours is about 200 miles which is just perfect to stop and charge back to full 80% range.

Last summer in my GT at 80-95 mph on the interstate during the summer I would get 300 miles with 20% battery left, 25 minute charge at EA to 80%.
Charging 20 to 80% in a GT in 25 minutes is an average of approx 160 kw for the entire charge. That is substantially higher than what I am able to achieve in a Touring. Typical charge session for me starts at 220-240 kw and ends at 70-80 kw.

Recently completed a SoCal-Norfolk trip! The highway asst. feature was a huge help! But, I wish the in car Nav had the ability to prioritize stops at Electrify America and stopped charging when I had enough juice to comfortably get to the next stop. #NewFeatureForDreamDrive?
What a great 👍 time but if u live in the SoCal area please join our SoCal Lucid group. @hydbob has more info ℹ️

Back