Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

ISOI

Can anyone share real world range for touring with 19 inch wheels either from personal experience or link to a test ?
Thanks !

In good weather and at reasonable speeds, I've been getting 4 miles/kWh with my Touring and 19 inch wheels, so theoretically about 350 miles on a full charge, if I actually used the full charge.

However there is very large variability depending on conditions or driving style (as in any vehicle, EV or ICE). Fast acceleration and driving well north of the speed limit - very easy to do in this car compared to most others - will substantially reduce range. My lifetime efficiency is 3.3 miles/kWh, or about 300 miles per full charge.

I have a Pure AWD with 19" wheels, and have averaged 3.7 miles per kWh over my first 5,000 miles, so that would be a full charge range of 340 miles. NOW, you might say that I'm comparing apples and oranges, but a Pure AWD and a Touring are the exact same car as far as the weight and motors go. The difference between horsepower is just software driven, and unless you really tromp on it, that difference really doesn't come into play, range wise. I do not 'push' the car much, generally follow the speed limits, and have a reasonable balance of city and highway mileage. Any changes to that, especially accelerating quickly the amount of high speed (i.e. 75 MPH) driving, can have a big effect.

My Grand Touring's lifetime efficiency is 3.5 mi/kWh, 350-390 miles range at freeway speeds.
To the original poster, since there is a lot of variability in freeway speeds...for some that's 65 mph and for others 85 mph+... there is a substantial difference in efficiency.

Can anyone share real world range for touring with 19 inch wheels either from personal experience or link to a test ?
Thanks !
3.9 m/Kw overall for 8000 miles on my Touring with 19”. In summer, 4.0 and in winter 3.1-3.3 m/Kw

500 miles of range in summer time going the speed limit on the interstate through Millsboro, Delaware into Virginia to Durham, North Carolina with a Lucid GT. So 380 when converted to the Touring range from the GT range.

There are entire threads discussing efficiency under differing conditions on this forum. I would suggest searching and poking through those to find folks who drive like you.

I'm at 3.8 mi/kWh lifetime with 11k miles driven in 1 year. I don't launch the car much and drive mostly in smooth mode.
3.1 for me (GT, 21” wheels) but I drive fast.

Lifetime on the Pure with 19”. Normal driving is 80mph on highways and I’d say moderate acceleration. I literally wiped my screen clean to take this picture and it still looks filthy 😂. The GT on 21” is same as @Bobby at 3.1 lifetime and that has 38k miles on it.
image.jpg

GT here with 19" in winter months and 21" in summer.
I get ~ 3.6 m/Kwh on the 19" in mixed driving. I do enjoy momentary bursts of speed but generally drive in the right lane with Adaptive Cruse.
The wife won't let me drive fast ... even though the car seems to love it (it's not me...). That was over about 11,000 miles. I reset when I put the 21" on last month, and now I'm down to 3.3. Haven't done much highway driving on the 21" yet, and have been experimenting in Swift mode (previously only been there just to see what it's like) and zooming around when the wife is not with me.

I use 300 miles as a very comfortable and easy to remember range. That covers speed and headwinds, temperature, etc. I am very happy with that number. I can see how people are getting 4.0 and even higher...they have much more self-restraint than I.

As for the claimed 500+ miles ... who the heck charges to 100% and then drives to 0% ? And more importantly, who can hold their piss that long?

I have a Touring with 11,000 miles on it and 19 inch wheels. Lifetime is 3.7. I live in Florida, so weather is always hot and AC always on. Range depends on style of driving. When I drive to work everyday and drive aggressive, I get about 3.3. If I drive regular without quick acceleration, I get 4.0. On highway, you really notice the difference between adaptive cruise and not using it. I guess the adaptive cruise is much more efficient at maintaining speed than we are. But on long trips at 72mph, I get 3.9. At 75 mph, I get 3.7. And at 80 mph, I get about 3.4.

In terms of range on long trips, when you start at 100% battery, I shoot for max of 300 miles before I charge. So at 80% battery which is normally the case, I get 240 miles. But realistically, you are always going from 10% to 80% while taking long trips, so max range between stops is usually about 210 miles. Works out well for us, as we stop every 2 to 3 hours anyway.

I’ll echo what Andretex said.
Touring with 19” with aero caps removed 23K miles. My lifetime is 3.6 m/kWh. This translates to about 330 miles of total possible range. While I start at 100% on road trips, I never go below 15%, and I never charge above 80% once I’m on the road (charging is too slow after 80%). This gives about 215 miles max between stops which is plenty.
Most useful metric for me is 3 miles for every 1% of charge. This is a very conservative (safe) estimate. For instance, if I’m at 50% SOC, and I don’t want to go below 15%, I have 35% available which translates to at least 105 miles.
YMMV but probably not by much. Remember range worsens significantly if it’s very cold.

I have a Pure AWD with 19" wheels, and have averaged 3.7 miles per kWh over my first 5,000 miles, so that would be a full charge range of 340 miles. NOW, you might say that I'm comparing apples and oranges, but a Pure AWD and a Touring are the exact same car as far as the weight and motors go. The difference between horsepower is just software driven, and unless you really tromp on it, that difference really doesn't come into play, range wise. I do not 'push' the car much, generally follow the speed limits, and have a reasonable balance of city and highway mileage. Any changes to that, especially accelerating quickly the amount of high speed (i.e. 75 MPH) driving, can have a big effect.
What part of the country do you live in ? I live in Boston so I will drive in winter

I'm at 3.8 mi/kWh lifetime with 11k miles driven in 1 year. I don't launch the car much and drive mostly in smooth mode.
What part of country do you live in? I live in north east so drive in winter z…

I'm a 19" Touring in TX.

Lifetime 3.2 - almost entirely city driving in Dallas

Road trip up to OKC and back got me 3.8 at an average speed of ~80-85.

I drive pretty fun. Which certainly hurts efficiency. I bet I could be above 4 on a trip for sure at a lower speed and with less aggressive passing of semis. Probably 3.5+ at home if I drove for efficiency. But why would i do that!

Back