radar/laser counter measures

kort6776

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Jaguar Ipace
Referral Code
CPTGJ3OD
I am taking delivery of an Air GT next week and I am installing the system that I have removed from my Taycan.

does anyone else have any counter measures installed?

I plan on being able to drive this car a bit more spirited because the range is larger and I can waste range with faster driving. having counter measures IMHO is important.

here is a vid of what I had installed on the taycan

That is extremely impressive from an installation standpoint. For the ultimate stroke of irony, you could custom-mount the radar jammers into 11-99 Foundation frames.

How are most installing radars in the air?
Have a uniden R3 I want to install in GT

I am taking delivery of an Air GT next week and I am installing the system that I have removed from my Taycan.

I plan on being able to drive this car a bit more spirited because the range is larger and I can waste range with faster driving. having counter measures IMHO is important.

Pretty cool. What does something like that run $9-$10k ?

Check out my install here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/stinger-vip-radar-laser-system-installed.876/

You can see the guys who did it post here:
And a pretty crazy sound system upgrade here for someone else:

Last edited:
those are well done, however did the installer fully test the system while driving the car? the system would work until the car was put into drive and the car's lidar was in operation.
my installer does live testing and found that when in drive the Lidar system of the car interfered with the forward jamming heads, they are both on the exact same light spectrum and the car's system will confuse the jammer heads. you should give those guys a heads up if they didn't do live testing the system is probably not working properly.

those are well done, however did the installer fully test the system while driving the car? the system would work until the car was put into drive and the car's lidar was in operation.
my installer does live testing and found that when in drive the Lidar system of the car interfered with the forward jamming heads, they are both on the exact same light spectrum and the car's system will confuse the jammer heads. you should give those guys a heads up if they didn't do live testing the system is probably not working properly.
My understanding was they did, but I'll confirm.

It's possible the Stinger fiber optic heads don't have the same problem.

Was this ever solved? I am having the same problem.
not for me, either lucid need to adjust their lidar or ALP needs to adjust theirs. I am not strong on the tech stuff, but it seems as if both lidars are on the exact same spectrum and a slight adjustment by either lucid or alp would enable the ALP to function. to be frank on an 18 month lease, which I am 3 months into the cost of installing the system is foolish. I'll wait for my next car to reinstall the ALP

My shop said:

It’s very likely that the other Lucids issue is installation related. If you recall when we installed yours, we were going to flush in the laser jammers into the crevice that runs across the front of your car. Because of the depth to width ratio of the crevice, reflections would’ve occurred and caused the system to not work properly. This was discovered on another Lucid, which is why we then exposed the lasers farther forward.

The Lucid’s Lidar runs at 905nm and police laser is at 904nm and although very close, they use different pulse rates. The Lucids lidar also doesn’t have the range that police use, it is much shorter.

Lastly they said that if the lidar from the car was the problem, the laser jammer would be picking up false alerts and continually triggering, not that it would prevent it from being effective against the police gun. He also said that there are many other Lucids out there with Laser jammers that don’t have these issues.

I hope this makes sense.

For what its worth I think Borski is correct that his jammers are okay. I have a Valentine Radar Detector which has a laser detector function. I had to turn the laser detection function off because it continually issued false alarms which I believe were caused by the Lucid's Lidar.

For what its worth I think Borski is correct that his jammers are okay. I have a Valentine Radar Detector which has a laser detector function. I had to turn the laser detection function off because it continually issued false alarms which I believe were caused by the Lucid's Lidar.
I bought a V1 Gen 2 last year and have it mounted on the windshield with suction cups and plugged into the USB A outlet using a converter. I didn't have to turn off the laser detection. So maybe I got lucky with where I placed it on the windshield 🤷‍♂️

My shop said:
that is not what my shop said, police lidar? the issue isn't whatever lidar that the police are using.
the issue is that the ALP detection is cancelled out by the car's Lidar.
they say that the ALP won't work properly because they are both operate on the same "freq"
did you have the system installed? was it live tested?

Last edited:
I bought a V1 Gen 2 last year and have it mounted on the windshield with suction cups and plugged into the USB A outlet using a converter. I didn't have to turn off the laser detection. So maybe I got lucky with where I placed it on the windshield 🤷‍♂️
I have my V1 Gen 2 mounted in the upper left hand corner of the windshield, just above my line of sight. Also using a converter to the USB connection. The radar functions perfectly but the laser false alarms continuously. I do have my windshield tinted so maybe that has something to do with it?? The reality is I rarely see any CHP using lasers and I use Waze almost all the time and it does a good job of letting me know where the police are located so not having laser detection is not really a problem.

Interesting. I have no problem with my Valentine. Maybe my Lidar doesn’t work.
Wondering how I would check the Lidar.

that is not what my shop said, police lidar? the issue isn't whatever lidar that the police are using.
the issue is that the ALP detection is cancelled out by the car's Lidar.
they say that the ALP won't work properly because they are both operate on the same "freq"
did you have the system installed? was it live tested?
I have a Stinger system installed, not ALP. But mine works fine. I have personally live tested it by driving too fast and getting tagged by a laser gun (which saved me from a ticket thanks to the 5-second or so cooldown); that’s happened multiple times, so I don’t appear to have the same interference.

I have a Stinger system installed, not ALP. But mine works fine. I have personally live tested it by driving too fast and getting tagged by a laser gun (which saved me from a ticket thanks to the 5-second or so cooldown); that’s happened multiple times, so I don’t appear to have the same interference.
the stinger is probably on a different part of the spectrum than the ALP, I have all the hardware for the alp system and it appears to be incompatible with the lucid lidar.
I am glad that your system works well for you

Back