Pictures of wheels without aero covers/inserts?

Center caps and plastic lug nut covers are available from Lucid parts/service. They look nice.
Lucid does not have on their website for purchase now. Any suggestions?

_D9A0821.jpeg

_D9A0816.jpeg

Someone asked for a photo of the 20” wheels with the black center caps and lug nut covers. Paid $120 during delivery and my sales associate put them on while I was setting up my profile. Definitely prefer without. Happy to give up a little range. Note that the owners manual states:

“Several designs of Lucid Air wheels feature inserts that reduce aerodynamic drag at typical vehicle speeds. These inserts are recommended to be removed before prolonged spirited driving to increase brake cooling and must be removed before driving at speeds above 120mph / 193kph. Failure to do so may result in the inserts coming loose and ejecting from the wheel, and potentially coming in contact with nearby people or property.”

Agree, I drive like I don't care about range and I have averaged, over 1.5 years, 3.0. Good enough and the fun quotient is high.
And why do lucid owners watching a thread about wheel aero covers care about your efficiency in a GV60. Even if you were once interested in a Lucid Air, I do not care about your GV60 efficiency with out without aero covers.

I would take my 20” inserts off but the rust on the rotor center hub makes it look bad. At least the inserts hides the rust.

1715940838015.jpeg

PXL_20240517_104226081.jpg

21" Aero Blade w/ Pirelli Pustule BubbleBlaster P(puncture)-Zero(chance of surviving pothole) summer tire. I happen to love them.

Last edited:
I would take my 20” inserts off but the rust on the rotor center hub makes it look bad. At least the inserts hides the rust.
Same, asked the tech why is this rusted on a new car and he began explaining what rust is.......sheesh

An odd question here... does anybody have "real life" pictures (not Lucid supplied) of the Sapphire and 21 Aero Stealth rims with the aero covers on?

I can live with the range trade-off on my 2023 Pure AWD with 19s. As a pretty conservative driver, I'm averaging 3.7 miles per kWh. I prefer the look without the covers, and don't have to worry about the scratching issues that go along putting the covers on/off, or the trapped dirt wear issues that go along with keeping them on.

I can live with the range trade-off on my 2023 Pure AWD with 19s. As a pretty conservative driver, I'm averaging 3.7 miles per kWh. I prefer the look without the covers, and don't have to worry about the scratching issues that go along putting the covers on/off, or the trapped dirt wear issues that go along with keeping them on.
I forgot to add that, living in metro Phoenix, I have not had to worry about rust on the brake discs spoiling the look. Maybe the car's first summer in Washington State will change that.

There is usually very little rust exposed on the flat face of the hub when the wheel is installed. That's the surface making contact with the mounting surface of the wheel. Most cars on the road using disc brakes will exhibit this. Most people just don't walk up to the car and scrutinize it as much as the actual owner of the car would.

I used to feel the same way until I took a moment to really look at the brakes on some of the cars parked nearby.

As Buffalo Bob mentioned above ... I'd be more concerned with the scratches left on the black paint by the covers after extended use. Those are harder to get out than wire brushing the brake rotor the next time the wheels are removed.

At the end of the day, just make an informed decision. ;)

Those pics were pre-insert. Will post more shortly with inserts

There is usually very little rust exposed on the flat face of the hub when the wheel is installed. That's the surface making contact with the mounting surface of the wheel. Most cars on the road using disc brakes will exhibit this. Most people just don't walk up to the car and scrutinize it as much as the actual owner of the car would.

I used to feel the same way until I took a moment to really look at the brakes on some of the cars parked nearby.

As Buffalo Bob mentioned above ... I'd be more concerned with the scratches left on the black paint by the covers after extended use. Those are harder to get out than wire brushing the brake rotor the next time the wheels are removed.

At the end of the day, just make an informed decision. ;)
On my rotors, the rust goes beyond the mounting surface of the hub which makes it visible. It doesn’t bother me as I keep the inserts on. Just don’t want people, especially car enthusiast, asking me why my car is rusting and questioning the quality of Lucid cars as if their Porsche, Benz, Tesla, are better. Oddly, I own all of these other brands and no rust can be seen my the hubs.

An odd question here... does anybody have "real life" pictures (not Lucid supplied) of the Sapphire and 21 Aero Stealth rims with the aero covers on?
Not available on the Sapphire yet.
They are saying...in production.
Assuming mid summer time.

Back