Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

Sameer

Cars
Lucid Air
Spotted the Gravity near Dumbarton bridge near the Lucid Headquarters in Newark, CA.

Attachments

• IMG_7024.jpeg
    IMG_7024.jpeg
    766.8 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_7023.jpeg
    IMG_7023.jpeg
    723.9 KB · Views: 690
Spotted the Gravity near Dumbarton bridge near the Lucid Headquarters in Newark, CA.
First sighting from an actual forum user then!

Also, are they just giving it to employees for testing? I see somebody else in the back..(maybe a kid as @CraZ8 said?)

Last edited:
Looks like a kid in the back so may well be going for extended family testing.

Gotta test those car seats

Also, I know I have commented this on other gravity threads, I love the low look and how tall the roof is. It looks like a slammed baller drug suv, which is what we need for Lucid to be popular!(yes i am being serious)

However, the rear trunk line is an absolute mess.
1697401884616.png

I despise the trunk line towards the bottom which goes towards the center. Why?? It makes it less practical.. looks worse.. but I think safety reasons are important and could be a possibility. The rear lightbar in my opinion, is too thin and lacks any emotion or depth like the air. Perhaps this could be because they arent on? I wont judge, only 16 more days..

At least in this picture the rear reflector doesnt look like its falling off.

Also, I know I have commented this on other gravity threads, I love the low look and how tall the roof is. It looks like a slammed baller drug suv, which is what we need for Lucid to be popular!(yes i am being serious)

View attachment 15697

I despise the trunk line towards the bottom which goes towards the center. Why?? It makes it less practical.. looks worse.. but I think safety reasons are important and could be a possibility. The rear lightbar in my opinion, is too thin and lacks any emotion or depth like the air. Perhaps this could be because they arent on? I wont judge, only 16 more days..

Also, recall that Peter said that these are Alpha prototypes. The lines are definitely going to be off. I definitely love love love that they tucked the rear wiper under the spoiler. Makes for a more clean and sleek look.

I LOOOVE that its profile is more stationwagon or minivan-like, rather than a big ole, galumphing, high-riding SUV.

View attachment 15697

I wont judge, only 16 more days..

In correct! 32 days left…

Also, recall that Peter said that these are Alpha prototypes. The lines are definitely going to be off. I definitely love love love that they tucked the rear wiper under the spoiler. Makes for a more clean and sleek look.

Personally I like less lines and clean curvy cuts like Air. I couldn’t stand today’s Japanese cars with excessive straight line cuts around them.

I think that they will reveal the Gravity in a live/pre-recorded event from AMP-1 in Arizona. And then demo for the public at LA Auto Show.

I hope they do keep up with their timeline this time. They are super busy shipping parts to Saudi AMP-2, Sapphire delivery, clearing 2022 inventory, Q3 earning report, not to mention ongoing software OTA and next gen midsize development.

View attachment 15697

The rear lines follow the design language oof the Air. That wide opening should be more useful than the more narrow ones on traditional SUVs and minivans.

The rear lines follow the design language oof the Air. That wide opening should be more useful than the more narrow ones on traditional SUVs and minivans.
Yup, I love the wide opening! However, below that, it goes inwards which looks horrible.
1697403399616.png

Yup, I love the wide opening! However, below that, it goes inwards which looks horrible.
View attachment 15698

That inward is following curve of corner, if it is straight down, it would have air flown in the door panel gap, thus improve drag coefficient.

That inward is following curve of corner, if it is straight down, it would have air flown in the door panel gap, thus improve drag coefficient.
I recognize that it is important for many things, but I would have loved a better shape(although lucid knows more than me). For me, one gentle curve that still ends up at the same place as this prototype would achieve the same(?) but look sleeker in my opinion.

I get more of a mom running to Pilates after dropping the kids off at soccer vibe. Let’s go with yours though. 😂

Life is relative. Take a look at the BMWs for the past five years or so if you want ugly.

Agree! BMW always has classic look on speedway, it just getting weirder and weirder over the years.

Difficult to tell with the wrap., but where are the door handles?

Difficult to tell with the wrap., but where are the door handles?
A clearer picture here:
1697416333355.png

Most other body parts have cutouts(charge door as example) so it would seem to me that there are no door handles. I never actually thought about it until you mentioned it. Perhaps this could be a result of being an alpha prototype and it would be added later? They could also be adding the automatic door feature that was supposed to be on the air but was removed in 2020. Even then, there has to be SOME way to activate it... a button or otherwise.

Also, am I blind or is the rear door raised over the panel after that? Could there be sliding doors? God no... that will absolutely TRASH the gravitys reputation, even if they are better.

Back