Lucid charging speed vs Chevy Bolt

Mondo316

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I pulled into the EA station in Wichita, KS, and found the open Hyper 350kW charger unavailable, so moved over to the Ultra 150 kW charger and plugged in. Immediately was charging at 165 kW. Not bad, I thought. Parked next to me using the other Hyper 350 kW unit was a Chevy Bolt. After 35 minutes, Bolt had charged 16 kW , while my Touring had charged 53 kW in 25 minutes. I'm so glad I didn't even consider a Bolt.

I pulled into the EA station in Wichita, KS, and found the open Hyper 350kW charger unavailable, so moved over to the Ultra 150 kW charger and plugged in. Immediately was charging at 165 kW. Not bad, I thought. Parked next to me using the other Hyper 350 kW unit was a Chevy Bolt. After 35 minutes, Bolt had charged 16 kW , while my Touring had charged 53 kW in 25 minutes. I'm so glad I didn't even consider a Bolt.
I would estimate that a very high number of Bolt drivers would prefer to be Lucid drivers if they could afford the car. It is three times the cost, quite a difference.

My son has a Bolt EUV. The Bolt has been out for some time and it has older battery technology. It can only DC charge at a max rate of 50 kw.

GM is coming out with a new Bolt in 2025 or 26 which will use the new Ultium battery used in the cadillac Lyric and the Chevy Silverado. The new Bolt will be able to charge at 200+ kw.

Back