High frequency Sound

JoeL

Does anyone else hear a high frequency sound at low speeds, like a motor whining? This sound is at speeds, less than 45 mph. It happens at acceleration and deceleration and seems louder on cold mornings but it's always there. I've had this since purchasing the car. The mobile tech said he couldn't hear it or maybe it is the pedestrian warning. It seems to be getting louder now that the car is about 15 months old.

It's not the pedestrian warning, that can barely be heard inside the car. It is the motors making motor sounds. The frequency gets too high to hear at highway speeds. Some other EVs have a lot of soundproofing around their motors to mask that sound, Lucid does not. Many here enjoy the sound, or are at least used to it. It shouldn't be getting louder, but that's a really hard one to judge objectively with your ears over 15 months. You can get an SPL meter (sound level meter) as a smartphone app to compare objectively between your car and a new car if you'd like.

Does anyone else hear a high frequency sound at low speeds, like a motor whining? This sound is at speeds, less than 45 mph. It happens at acceleration and deceleration and seems louder on cold mornings but it's always there. I've had this since purchasing the car. The mobile tech said he couldn't hear it or maybe it is the pedestrian warning. It seems to be getting louder now that the car is about 15 months old.
This has been discussed here many times. It's not the pedestrian warning. You can hear that if you open your windows. It's the motor. And Lucid has decided it likes that sound.

Some here love it. Some hate it. Some are ambivalent to it. But there's nothing wrong with your car. (Or your ears.)

Coming from a 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance - Hated the motor whining so much during the first test drive in February, that I went ahead and ordered a Model S LR. April incentives and offers pulled me back into Lucid world last month. 1 month of ownership this past weekend and the Motor sound is absolutely music to my ears and soul every time I drive this amazing car.

Back