RESOLVED Error Codes Galore

Ames8910

Cars
Lucid Air
I recently took my car in to a very reputable company to get PPF, Ceramic Coat and Window tint...
this is what happened
110.jpg
282.jpg
769.jpg
5.jpg
406.jpg
635.jpg

Talked to Customer Care and they are sending a service tech out but was curious if anyone else had a multiple fail issue. They had a friend who called a friend who works for Lucid and was told that it was a known issue of water damage via a bumper leak but like they said, if all they did was wash the car and it caused this, what happens when it rains?

I recently took my car in to a very reputable company to get PPF, Ceramic Coat and Window tint...
this is what happened
View attachment 12530View attachment 12531View attachment 12532View attachment 12533View attachment 12534View attachment 12535

Talked to Customer Care and they are sending a service tech out but was curious if anyone else had a multiple fail issue. They had a friend who called a friend who works for Lucid and was told that it was a known issue of water damage via a bumper leak but like they said, if all they did was wash the car and it caused this, what happens when it rains?
did you recently install an update?

did you recently install an update?
I have installed all updates as they are released, after I installed the last one this didnt happen, it seemed to start after the installers washed the car

this is what happened
View attachment 12530View attachment 12531View attachment 12532View attachment 12533View attachment 12534View attachment 12535

I have heard on other cars, that sensors on the inside of the car are susceptible to water and am wondering if during the tinting process (which obviously occurs inside) resulted in any liquid/moisture falling into a place it does not belong (e.g. cockpit electronics).

It is also possible, depending on the detailing company, that during the PPF process, they may actually remove small components to ensure the PPF is wrapped around panels. Again, fairly conceivable that liquid entered from the exterior into locations that are normally not exposed. For example, there is a small black plastic cover which runs horizontally on the outside of the car at the bottom of the side windows. That may have been lifted to wrap the PPF and during the process liquid flowed in a place that is normally protected (by that plastic cover). Not saying it happened there, just providing an example of detailers removing components for better wrapping.

Once service has a look, would you mind posting the result here?

I had an issue that was different from this but similar, and it turned out the body shop had pinched a bunch of wiring harnesses, but it took a while to diagnose. That was clearly the body shop’s fault.

Just curious: does HA turn on?

I had an issue that was different from this but similar, and it turned out the body shop had pinched a bunch of wiring harnesses, but it took a while to diagnose. That was clearly the body shop’s fault.

Just curious: does HA turn on?
HA? I think it's probably water damage of some sort, this was their first Lucid, not a a company but this location. After this they will probably never do another one..they said is was far more difficult than they anticipated. And if they have to pay for repairs it wont even make them any money

HA? I think it's probably water damage of some sort, this was their first Lucid, not a a company but this location. After this they will probably never do another one..they said is was far more difficult than they anticipated. And if they have to pay for repairs it wont even make them any money
HA is Highway Assist

HA is Highway Assist
Nope, I have it turned off, i dont like how it yanks me even when I have control of the wheel

Message from my service tech:

The right rear electronic gateway had an internal failure. I replaced the gateway and the car is back to normal

Message from my service tech:

The right rear electronic gateway had an internal failure. I replaced the gateway and the car is back to normal
Thank you very much for the update. I have marked this thread RESOLVED.

Back