Do you think Lucid will make cheap cars?

How is that a problem? and I used Grammarly.
It's not inherently a problem. It's just devoid of any useful thoughts or questions, and mostly marketing-esque fluff.

I'm not saying you don't have useful thoughts or questions, but your ChatGPT message up there did not get them across.

Well
My college age daughter commutes daily and the new Highland model 3 = no squeaks/ no rattles/ no panel issues/ nice interior/ great Dd
I’ve spent some time in it and it’s quality car. When people talk fit and finish go look at some of the pictures of Ferraris being posted of the 296 Roma lol. Have a long history with EV’s so I’m quite sure what I expect……..
It’s funny mention any positive about Tesla and this creates so much insecurity for many. Carry on. I like my GT I will leave it at that. Roll - Tide
No insecurity at all on my side. I worked in tech all my life. The first mover is not necessarily the best. Every non tesla owner knows that tesla is all about tech and cost. Not about safety or luxury.

No insecurity at all on my side. I worked in tech all my life. The first mover is not necessarily the best. Every non tesla owner knows that tesla is all about tech and cost. Not about safety or luxury.
Sorry? You do know that Teslas are some of the safest vehicles around, right? I agree with you on luxury (and even then, for a 38k car it is REALLY good), but saying the safety is bad is just plain wrong. Just putting it out there.

This I agree, otherwise why get rid of stalks? They didn’t even have a blind spot camera till a year ago and even that is not very good. Also, they just introduced a blind spot indicator in 2023….safety is not a priority for Tesla. And not to mention a yoke which is a joke. The Cybertruck will keep you safe but clobber everyone else around you….and cut your fingers off…but hey , it stops pellets.

Sorry? You do know that Teslas are some of the safest vehicles around, right? I agree with you on luxury (and even then, for a 38k car it is REALLY good), but saying the safety is bad is just plain wrong. Just putting it out there.
correct.
Overall safety was part of the reason we chose to buy her a m3. I’m sure in the future Lucid will have a nice /safe 45-50K vehicle we would likely consider for one of kiddos.

It's not inherently a problem. It's just devoid of any useful thoughts or questions, and mostly marketing-esque fluff.

I'm not saying you don't have useful thoughts or questions, but your ChatGPT message up there did not get them across.
Its Grammarly.

Yup, those stupid paragraph transitions totally gave it away (in conclusion, although, etc). ChatGPT is ALWAYS very obvious, and that’s why everybody who uses it at my school easily gets caught.
woah your a kid?

In any case, Lucid will never make "CHEAP" cars!! They may choose to make "Less Expensive" cars in the future.

It’s okay to own a Lucid and still acknowledge Tesla makes good cars.
Tesla makes affordable cars. If you are not particular about the rattles and creaks and wind noise and you have no intention to use self driving features, Model 3 and Y are perfect cars for those who cannot charge at home because they have more DCFC than others. I can say that I did not hear any rattles or squeaks in Model S and the dash is way better than Model 3. Again, if you don't care about so called FSD or Auto Pilot, I can call Model S good value for the money. This is my opionion.

The Model 3 started with $66k in 2018 so the current model is not only a bargain but also a great car for the money. Lots of things not to like (no stalks, no instrument cluster, still spartan) but the high volume allowed for software/hardware enhancements over time.

The Lucid is clearly in a different class but higher manufacturing volume will increase the speed of improvement for software and getting nuisance issues resolved

Any car where you have to look away from center to see how fast your going has an inherent safety issue.

Any car where you have to look away from center to see how fast your going has an inherent safety issue.

I couldn't agree more. I would add that it would also help if one would see in front of the driver not only how fast one is going but the speed limit. If Tesla offered a HUD option, that would go partly toward mitigating this idiocy. But it doesn't offer any choice to view this information directly in front of the driver because Elon knows best.

One of the reasons that I would never consider a 3 or a Y.

Lucid doesn't have to make cheap cars, but cheaper.
A car for 55k is probably the highest I am willing to go for a car. It's just a car.
I don't like taking up any loans except for my house, so I save up and buy a reasonably priced car, I use it for about 4 years and sell it while there is some warranty left and buy a new one.

I see all the time people hating on Tesla. But in my country we have loads of Tesla Model 3 and Model Y on the road.
These are the most sold and used cars here. I got the cheapest Model 3, a Standard Range+ and I don't agree with the Corolla comparison. I have owned 2 Corolla and the Tesla was a huge upgrade for me both in performance, look and feel.
I have several friends who drives a Model 3, nobody has experienced any of these issues that I see some here are pointing out.
It is one of the safest cars as well. I don't agree that the position of the speedometer is a "security risk". It was weird to begin with, but after a short period it just felt natural and easy to quickly check. I don't move my head, I move my eyes slightly and still see stuff on the road in my side vision for the 0.4 seconds it takes to check the speed. Would I prefer to have it in center? Yeah sure. But I don't think about it, except now because we are talking about it.

The only drawback here when it comes to Tesla is the customer service, it has been terrible for years. This is the only reason I am looking for a different car, if the customer service had been good then I would still stick to Tesla.

A car for 55k is probably the highest I am willing to go for a car. It's just a car.
I don't like taking up any loans except for my house, so I save up and buy a reasonably priced car, I use it for about 4 years and sell it while there is some warranty left and buy a new one.

I see all the time people hating on Tesla. But in my country we have loads of Tesla Model 3 and Model Y on the road.
These are the most sold and used cars here. I got the cheapest Model 3, a Standard Range+ and I don't agree with the Corolla comparison. I have owned 2 Corolla and the Tesla was a huge upgrade for me both in performance, look and feel.
I have several friends who drives a Model 3, nobody has experienced any of these issues that I see some here are pointing out.
It is one of the safest cars as well. I don't agree that the position of the speedometer is a "security risk". It was weird to begin with, but after a short period it just felt natural and easy to quickly check. I don't move my head, I move my eyes slightly and still see stuff on the road in my side vision for the 0.4 seconds it takes to check the speed. Would I prefer to have it in center? Yeah sure. But I don't think about it, except now because we are talking about it.

The only drawback here when it comes to Tesla is the customer service, it has been terrible for years. This is the only reason I am looking for a different car, if the customer service had been good then I would still stick to Tesla.
I am not sure why people always believe that a manufacturer needs to cater to their budget. There is no need for a niche manufacturer like Lucid to offer cars in your price segment, at least not at this time.
As for people hating on Tesla, I don't see that happening here. Tesla's do have implemented some very unique design decisions and some of them outright dumb. The center screen is one of them. Missing features like lower front cameras, sensors or removing stalks are good examples. A HUD would have been a sensible option. The silly thing IMO is to pitch these cost cutting decisions as superior design offerings.

That said, I just got done driving a Model Y Performance for a week and it drives vey well. It is noisy but very spacious. A lot of car for the money but it's not a premium car...

I agree with everything you said except for your speedometer comparison. It very much IS unsafe and there is no reason to put it there other than cost. I'm not even a Tesla hater (I think the M3 highland is a great car for the price), but the speedo is a HUGE issue. The fact that you got accustomed to it does not mean it is better.

The old Model 3 was a slightly more premium electric Corolla. No shame in that, if that's the purpose, so be it. The new M3 highland IMO is significantly better and is an actually decent car. I also don't classify it as a Corolla. Maybe slightly less than an Integra (basically Acura Civic)?

HOWEVER.. decent does not mean there is no room for improvement. There is still a questionable lack of rear legroom. The range is pretty decent, but again the efficiency could be further improved (Lucid is hitting 6 mi/kwh with the midsize, the AIR has the same efficiency as the M3). The center screen speedometer is an idiotic design, enough said. Some people have resorted to putting their own instrument clusters on it, which looks even worse. I also think that it's a touch too minimalistic, although the steps taken with the refresh are pretty good. By far the most glaring design issue is the steering wheel, and if there was one thing stopping me from buying it in 3 years, that would be it.

Teslas are fine cars. But Lucids are better. This is because of their philosophy of zero compromise in EVERY area. I thought @hmp10 expressed it well in this thread: https://lucidowners.com/threads/the-scope-of-lucids-ambition.9028/

Food for thought.. if Lucid kept the same battery size as a Model 3 LR and hit their efficiency target, the car would have 450 miles of range! If they toned that down to a reasonable (for me) 300 miles, all they would need is 50 kwh of battery. This would make the car lighter, have better rear legroom, make it cheaper... I can go on and on.

We are not here to discuss Tesla vs Lucid for the 1,000th time.

Back