borski

Grand Magistrate; Referral Code - Q1BTN5Y3
Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, ZR, 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
Q1BTN5Y3
Couldn't agree more. Charging station wait time during a road trip is my biggest concern right now. That's one motivation to get the GT over others - more flexibility.

Wait time during peak season was a major PITA for Tesla back in the days. Waiting 2 hours just to get a spot to charge is nobody's idea of fun. I wonder how long it'd take for non-Tesla EVs to reach the same level of critical mass? And more importantly, how long would it take for EA or others to catch up with the demand?

Good news: https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/p...-billion-over-five-years-national-ev-charging

Unfortunately that assumes that states will provide the necessary documents to gain access to funds in a timely manner. Then, local governments approving site locations and permits to build the infrastructure. Then, constructing the charging stations with limited supplies (hopefully that ends soon enough). It’s going to be great eventually, just don’t count on it being fast.

Unfortunately that assumes that states will provide the necessary documents to gain access to funds in a timely manner. Then, local governments approving site locations and permits to build the infrastructure. Then, constructing the charging stations with limited supplies (hopefully that ends soon enough). It’s going to be great eventually, just don’t count on it being fast.

I’m in CA, and not too worried about charging here. :) but agreed on the rest.

Also, it’s going to be a demand issue - as more EVs are bought and sold, more of the population is going to be complaining and asking.

At least the fed is doing what they can to help EV adoption along 🤷‍♂️

Also, it’s going to be a demand issue - as more EVs are bought and sold, more of the population is going to be complaining and asking.

I’m in Cali too thankfully here, but completely agree on demand and the fed stepping in. Good news all around!

This gets at one of the more significant decisions since the 1950's Federal Highway Act...will there be federal dollars for the existing Tesla supercharger network to enable CCS or will the government pay for new charging stations...Tesla has already sourced and secured well thought out locations - maybe it's better to pay for access? I can hear the howls from Tesla owners across the country.

In CA, even though there are a lot of chargers, there are also many more EVs, resulting in wait times along the busy corridors.

This gets at one of the more significant decisions since the 1950's Federal Highway Act...will there be federal dollars for the existing Tesla supercharger network to enable CCS or will the government pay for new charging stations...Tesla has already sourced and secured well thought out locations - maybe it's better to pay for access? I can hear the howls from Tesla owners across the country.

The howls from Tesla owners is because the superstations can have 1-2 hour waits just with Teslas. Imaging adding every other EV to the mix.

The howls from Tesla owners is because the superstations can have 1-2 hour waits just with Teslas. Imaging adding every other EV to the mix.
A lot of these were bought with public grant money (not all, but a lot). They should be open to all.
I think Teslas connectors and cables are nicer than the standard, but they honestly should be forced to comply with the standard.

I think they also require those chargers to work more like gas stations where you can carry a credit card and pay for it without having to download an app.
In California, all EV charging stations are currently required to accept a credit card without need for an app.

Back