Automatic aftermarket TPMS registration tip with 2.1.52

pitas-salves

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I can confirm that using aftermarket TPMS with the new software update will recognize PSI automatically. I have aftermarket 19 inch wheels and 433mhz tpms paired with Michelin all seasons EV tires (swapped during summer months with Lucid 21s). The trick is you might have to lower the tire pressure to 42 psi first to get the TPMS to properly send the signal. My TPMS wouldn’t register until I lowered the pressure from 49 to 42.

So curious on this I had the service people here yesterday and they said I need to make sure they program the set of wheels 🛞 and their new TPMs sensor and since I switched out of my Lucid. TPMs that when they switch back that I would have to reprogram again ie another service appointment. Soo is this our current state? Can the car still only handle 1 set of TPMS sensors could anyone confirm ?
Service photo for proof

IMG_6651.jpeg

So curious on this I had the service people here yesterday and they said I need to make sure they program the set of wheels 🛞 and their new TPMs sensor and since I switched out of my Lucid. TPMs that when they switch back that I would have to reprogram again ie another service appointment. Soo is this our current state? Can the car still only handle 1 set of TPMS sensors could anyone confirm ?
Service photo for proof

View attachment 20836
Wait, but didn't they add the ability to switch from the different sizes of wheels in a recent update?

Wait, but didn't they add the ability to switch from the different sizes of wheels in a recent update?
Yeah that’s what I thought too but that might just be changing the wheel profile tire profile. Could anyone confirm?

Yeah that’s what I thought too but that might just be changing the wheel profile tire profile. Could anyone confirm?
You have to have service do it once. After that point, you can select them from the UI inside the car.

You have to have service do it once. After that point, you can select them from the UI inside the car.
How would I know which one is which lol. I never used those menus before

How would I know which one is which lol. I never used those menus before
You skipped the first step, which is to have service do it once.

They’re labeled by size, etc.

Arg I had service program the 19s yesterday and my 20s are currently getting powder coated can I tell the car I have the 19s now ??

So I got in the car and it still said 20s.
IMG_6710.jpeg
I updated to 19s so is your assumption that this is now saving this TPMs sensors under the 19 inch size and when I get my 20s back and installed I would change this back to 20s and everything will just work? Has anyone actually managed 2 sets of different TPMs sensors yet ??

Attachments

• IMG_6712.jpeg
    IMG_6712.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
So I got in the car and it still said 20s.
View attachment 20847I updated to 19s so is your assumption that this is now saving this TPMs sensors under the 19 inch size and when I get my 20s back and installed I would change this back to 20s and everything will just work? Has anyone actually managed 2 sets of different TPMs sensors yet ??
When you tap the arrows, mine gives me the option to switch between 19s and 21s. Lucid needs to program it. If you tap the arrows, it only shows the 20s? If so, sounds like a quick service visit is in your future.

Range went to 418 from 378 after selecting 19s so range is using that setting
IMG_6720.jpeg

So could someone clarify what are the steps I do once I get back my 20 inch wheels with my original lucid TPMs . What do I do to switch my 19s back to the 20s ??

So could someone clarify what are the steps I do once I get back my 20 inch wheels with my original lucid TPMs . What do I do to switch my 19s back to the 20s ??
Assuming service has set it up for you once, you would go into that menu, tap the arrows, and select 20s. It’s not hard, assuming service has set you up.

Assuming service has set it up for you once, you would go into that menu, tap the arrows, and select 20s. It’s not hard, assuming service has set you up.
How do I know service set it up I can switch it cause it switched to 19s from 20s at least it let me do That once already

How do I know service set it up I can switch it cause it switched to 19s from 20s at least it let me do That once already
Click the arrow, bro. Are there two options?

I think so but I am not near my car until Wednesday
Well then let us know it goes on Wednesday (it’s a trivial option setting, assuming you have the option, which assumes Lucid has set you up once).

Maybe this is only true for 20" wheels?

I never had service set anything up for me regarding tire/wheel changes or TPMS stuff. When switching to 21" wheels from 19" wheels, I went to the menu and switched from 19" to 21" wheels and the TPMS recalibrated after about 3-4 miles of driving. The mileage range display also dropped "appropriately," but the phone app display did not show the correct wheels. (21" Tire/Wheels/TPMS are OEM Dream Performance.

Maybe this is only true for 20" wheels?

I never had service set anything up for me regarding tire/wheel changes or TPMS stuff. When switching to 21" wheels from 19" wheels, I went to the menu and switched from 19" to 21" wheels and the TPMS recalibrated after about 3-4 miles of driving. The mileage range display also dropped "appropriately," but the phone app display did not show the correct wheels. (21" Tire/Wheels/TPMS are OEM Dream Performance.
If your car ever had the 21s on it, it would work. For example, mine lets me pick between the 19s and 21s, but that’s because I had used both and both had been setup previously. Mine doesn’t show the 20s because I’ve never had them on the car.

Back