Xpel PPF

@niejelow I'm glad it came out well. The key shop in town here is using the new Suntek Reaction film, which has the same ceramic like top layer. I'm hoping to get my Dream this week...we'll see. I know they're motivated to have it count in Q1 sales!

If the cost is comparable, like many other users have posted, the installers would prefer to do a PPF and then ceramic coat on top. It should last longer as well!

I have clear xpel applied to the front end of all my high end cars and fade the cost since I keep them a long time. A lot of instances of rock collisions on the front end and twice having rocks skip across the hood with no damage.

Just had my AirDream P completely wrapped with new Xpel PPF which already has a cermic coating imbibed into the PPF. Sheds water and dirt like a DUCK>
@niejelow, could you please add exactly which Xpel PPF this is? I keep getting confused by all the varieties available. I know they recently announced something called Ultimate Fusion PPF which has that ceramic coating built in, but I read that this is available starting Q2.

@niejelow, could you please add exactly which Xpel PPF this is? I keep getting confused by all the varieties available. I know they recently announced something called Ultimate Fusion PPF which has that ceramic coating built in, but I read that this is available starting Q2.

You are correct in designation that you provided. It is available now .as I had it applied to my Air P. I have tried and looked at All other ppf’s and think it is the best. So much so I replaced my other Xpel ppf on my 488 and AMG GT.

You are correct in designation that you provided. It is available now .as I had it applied to my Air P. I have tried and looked at All other ppf’s and think it is the best. So much so I replaced my other Xpel ppf on my 488 and AMG GT.
If I'm following this correctly, this is a brand new Xpel product (announced in Q1) and you have already gotten three of your cars wrapped in it?!!

If I'm following this correctly, this is a brand new Xpel product (announced in Q1) and you have already gotten three of your cars wrapped in it?!!
I need to correct my statement. It’s not a ceramic coating but a hydrophobic coating on the surface. I had ceramic on my mind because I was ceramic coating my boat. My apologies

FYI .... for other people, here is the press release about this product:

XPEL INTRODUCES ULTIMATE FUSIONTM - New Paint Protection Film Contains Hydrophobic Clear Coat

SAN ANTONIO, TX (February 18, 2022) –XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL) a global provider of protective films and coatings today announced its newest paint protection film, ULTIMATE FUSIONTM. The film is optically clear, high gloss and self-healing and also contains a hydrophobic clear coat which creates a naturally slick surface to repel water and road grime. Similar to its flagship film ULTIMATE PLUS, the new film protects painted surfaces from rock chips, bug acids, bird droppings and light scratches. The company announced its plans to launch this new product during its annual Global Dealer Conference, attended by more than five hundred dealers and installers from around the world and currently underway in San Antonio, Texas.

ULTIMATE FUSION will be available worldwide beginning in second quarter 2022, and is the latest addition to its current paint protection film product-set which includes ULTIMATE PLUSTM, ULTIMATE PLUSTM BLACK, and STEALTHTM.

“The evolution of XPEL paint protection film is now,” commented Mat Moreau, Senior VP, Sales & Product. “As consumers increasingly demand solutions to protect and maintain the appearance of their vehicles, ULTIMATE FUSION provides yet another tool for our global installer network to deliver on those demands while also increasing installation productivity and efficiency.”

The product is backed by a 10-year warranty against yellowing, cracking, blistering and delaminating. It can be used with design patterns housed in the Company’s proprietary DAP software. DAP enables efficient and precise installations driving unparalleled satisfaction for both installers and consumers.

I‘m kind of ignorant on this new product. I assume it’s “similar” to the Ultimate Plus, but better in some ways.

Deep Reflections has it available now. I didn't choose it but it is available and is a great product. I chose Xpel Ultimate and FeynLab Ceramic.

I‘m kind of ignorant on this new product. I assume it’s “similar” to the Ultimate Plus, but better in some ways.
Its basically the same film (thickness, durability) but it has a hydrophobic coating that theoretically eliminates the need for ceramic coating.

Last time I wrapped was 2018 or so, and I I remember correctly, it was a lot cheaper - sigh.
Its worth checking around and speaking with other Lucid owners in your area. Some detailers charge a premium for their work while others do just as good or better job for a more reasonable price.;)

I heard from Kevin Song (owner of Craft Detailing in Dedham) that he recently wrapped his first Lucid DE in the Boston area. Curious if that was anyone on this forum. thx

I heard from Kevin Song (owner of Craft Detailing in Dedham) that he recently wrapped his first Lucid DE in the Boston area. Curious if that was anyone on this forum. thx

Glad to see that, as they’re next door to me in Needham and where I’m heading for PPF.

1EEC091E-B9A1-4A2C-9657-159833BCB399.jpeg

Attachments

• CCA5F131-EAB1-43AF-AF38-12BB1334CBB2.jpeg
    CCA5F131-EAB1-43AF-AF38-12BB1334CBB2.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 190
  • 5D15CBC1-8602-433E-ACEE-285CF3B653DB.jpeg
    5D15CBC1-8602-433E-ACEE-285CF3B653DB.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 190
Back