BillHartman67

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
SV923NRV
Good Morning everyone.

When I first get into the car buckle the seat belt a Red [X] show where the speedo is.

Is goes away very quickly as soon a the seat begins to move.

Not sure what this is? Facial recognition?

Should I call service? Doesn’t seem to affect anything.

Good Morning everyone.

When I first get into the car buckle the seat belt a Red [X] show where the speedo is.

Is goes away very quickly as soon a the seat begins to move.

Not sure what this is? Facial recognition?

Should I call service? Doesn’t seem to affect anything.
That’s your driver-facing camera telling you it can’t see your eyes. Could be because you have turned your head to buckle your belt. Could be the steering wheel is blocking the camera’s view.

That’s your driver-facing camera telling you it can’t see your eyes. Could be because you have turned your head to buckle your belt. Could be the steering wheel is blocking the camera’s view.
It could be because the easy entry position moves the steering wheel into a position where it blocks the camera from seeing the eyes of the average driver, not to mention anybody shorter. I solved the problem by turning off the part that moves the wheel, but what's really needed is an easy entry position that's adjustable or at least optimized for the camera but that still allows for easy entry.

For what it's worth, I had this issue with the camera not recognizing me after I initially setup the feature in July. After an update in August I just removed my face from the profile and setup the feature again. It has worked consistently since then. Handy since my wife's fob would sometimes unlock the car when we approached together and the seat adjustment would try to crush me against the wheel if I didn't hit the controls fast enough. The face recognition (or other update change) seems to have eliminated that fun key fob roulette game.

For what it's worth, I had this issue with the camera not recognizing me after I initially setup the feature in July. After an update in August I just removed my face from the profile and setup the feature again. It has worked consistently since then. Handy since my wife's fob would sometimes unlock the car when we approached together and the seat adjustment would try to crush me against the wheel if I didn't hit the controls fast enough. The face recognition (or other update change) seems to have eliminated that fun key fob roulette game.

I still have the issue with it occasionally trying to crush me and I've learned from experience to grab for the seat controls, but I wish that while seats are being adjusted, the screen would display the drop down for profiles in case it got things wrong. An abort button would be helpful too, because I've found that when the seat is trying to crush people, they don't instinctively think of how to stop it right away.

It would also be good for it to be able to reposition seats to the memory position when not switching profiles by selecting the current profile, in case the seat is in the wrong place. If there's a way to do it now, it's not obvious to me. Switching to a different profile and then back is very time consuming.

It became an issue for me recently when I changed phones. When I added the new phone, it somehow didn't end up being associated with my profile. I removed the old phone and the new one, and then tried to add the new one back, but it kept failing until I unpaired it for audio. After that, I was able to pair it for use as a key, then pair it for audio and it's been working so far.

I still have the issue with it occasionally trying to crush me and I've learned from experience to grab for the seat controls, but I wish that while seats are being adjusted, the screen would display the drop down for profiles in case it got things wrong. An abort button would be helpful too, because I've found that when the seat is trying to crush people, they don't instinctively think of how to stop it right away.

It would also be good for it to be able to reposition seats to the memory position when not switching profiles by selecting the current profile, in case the seat is in the wrong place. If there's a way to do it now, it's not obvious to me. Switching to a different profile and then back is very time consuming.

It became an issue for me recently when I changed phones. When I added the new phone, it somehow didn't end up being associated with my profile. I removed the old phone and the new one, and then tried to add the new one back, but it kept failing until I unpaired it for audio. After that, I was able to pair it for use as a key, then pair it for audio and it's been working so far.
Yes, having memory seats independent of profile would be a great idea and has been on the wish list since the beginning.

Yes, having memory seats independent of profile would be a great idea and has been on the wish list since the beginning.
It's not so much being independent of the profile but the fact that it takes so long to change profiles. With other cars, I think of changing profiles as moving the seats and mirrors, possibly the steering wheel too and changing a few settings while it's at it. If I select that profile, even if it thinks I'm on it, I'd expect those things to happen. I haven't had any other car where it takes more time than it takes the seat to move.

It's a trade off though because in some cases, it's better to change more settings and in some case it's worse. For example, if my wife dropped off the kids, and I later used to car to pick them up, having the address in her navigation history but not in mine could be a problem. In Lucid's case it's even worse since there's no address book and I can't save an address and associate a name with it. But sometimes, it's just a matter of changing drivers and you want to keep listening to the same music or whatever the profile saves. Other times, it's a complete switch. The same was true about Homelink until this update, and there are probably some cases where it would be preferable for Homelink entries to be by profile.

Ideally, the car could let you decide category by category (not including seats and mirrors of course) whether to treat any category as local or global, but for everybody like me who would want that, there's going to be somebody else who finds it unnecessarily complicated. Still, the default could be whatever it would be if no such capability existed.

Back