Wrap corner quality?

Matias

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I'm planning a color change wrap for my Air, and I was checking out the wrap a friend of mine got on his Audi TT. Overall it looks fantastic, but I noticed on the 'pointier' corners of the panels around the doors, there were very fine wrinkles. I'm trying to get a sense if that's normal quality I should expect in a wrap?

I wondering if folks have and could post close up photos of the corners of their wrapped Lucids, for those of us who are novices when it comes to wrapping? Thanks in advance!

I'm planning a color change wrap for my Air, and I was checking out the wrap a friend of mine got on his Audi TT. Overall it looks fantastic, but I noticed on the 'pointier' corners of the panels around the doors, there were very fine wrinkles. I'm trying to get a sense if that's normal quality I should expect in a wrap?

I wondering if folks have and could post close up photos of the corners of their wrapped Lucids, for those of us who are novices when it comes to wrapping? Thanks in advance!
It should be seamless. You should not see wrinkles. Check out the cars OCDetailing has done on their website, or the countless wrap/PPF posts here - just search wrap or PPF. :)

Check out the cars OCDetailing has done on their website, or the countless wrap/PPF posts here - just search wrap or PPF. :)
Yeah, I've been searching on the forums and mostly the pics are too far away too be sure if there are any of these tiny wrinkles. Like I said these are tiny, 1mm or less and only on teh sharp corners... but they kinda bugged me a little.

I did find a few that are close up to make me think there shouldn't be any, but I was hoping to get some close ups just to be sure.

Wrapping pointy corners is hard. It requires an extreme stretch of the material. In most cases its not recommended because with age, since the film is stretched so much the wrap eventually peels back. No vinyl wrap job or PPF job will ever be perfect or seamless unless the vehicle has been completely disassembled. Managing your own expectations is the most important part of you being able to enjoy the wrap on your vehicle.

Back