Wow, What an Excellent Ride!

Dadoo

New Member

Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
16
Location
L.A.
Cars
Lucid Air Pure, Tundra
Referral Code
FG0INVWR
We’ve had our Air Pure for just over a year and just got back from a trip up the coast from LA to Morro, Pismo and Solvang last weekend. I love this car. It’s excellent for so many reasons. What a pleasure to operate & near effortlessly. Can’t wait to do it again.
So I had a interesting experience when I got home and pulled up the driveway to turn it around, front wheels on the sidewalk rear at the gutter line (not steep at all normal crown for a 40’ wide street) I put the car in reverse and it stopped me from moving because it detected something in the way. No sign of anything on the camera so I got out to see if there was anything else wrong but found nothing. Put it in reverse again and again it stopped me. Turned out it was viewing the road as an object that was in the way. Thinking swiftly (after being struck in my own driveway for a couple of minutes 😂) I put it in drive and pulled it in further and then was able to back right out with no issues. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?
I have learned so much from this Forum and appreciate all the positive comments, feedback and helpful hints, I hope this is one of those too.☮️
 
Lol. Not sure but everytime I pull out of the garage, there is less than a 10" clearance and my 360 view gives me the *STOP* warning. I find that as long as I am going very slowly, it does not slam on the brakes. It may not be applicable to your situation though but it is possible your final reversal was slow enough to avoid the automatic braking.
 
Lol. Not sure but everytime I pull out of the garage, there is less than a 10" clearance and my 360 view gives me the *STOP* warning. I find that as long as I am going very slowly, it does not slam on the brakes. It may not be applicable to your situation though but it is possible your final reversal was slow enough to avoid the automatic braking.
So I’ve had that issue as well and just like you said if you go slow enough it seems to work but this time it just locked up in place and wouldn’t budge in reverse and I don’t think there were any warning signs on the dash? Tried neutral and it just rolled forward a few inches but as soon as I put in drive it seemed to forgive me and let me drive again. I’m not sure what would’ve happened if I didn’t have the room to pull forward but I don’t intend to get in that situation again if I can avoid it. Weird right?
 
Lol. Not sure but everytime I pull out of the garage, there is less than a 10" clearance and my 360 view gives me the *STOP* warning. I find that as long as I am going very slowly, it does not slam on the brakes. It may not be applicable to your situation though but it is possible your final reversal was slow enough to avoid the automatic braking.
Mine too but my Tesla also does it. No biggie.
 
Yup same experience trying to get out of my garage. At least the Lucid's nanny brake is a bit gentle. The first time my Polestar nanny system triggered, it braked so abruptly that I thought I had bashed into my garage! My neck was sore for a few days. These safety systems are really getting dangerous.
 
Back
Top