Wonky volume controls

can we get the volume control dial on my steering wheel to be as sensitive as the dial / wheel on the dashboard (the one located between the 2 air con power dials)? The one on the steering wheel is essentially useless and yet is in a far more valuable location to control my sound. Thank you.
100%! well said! So annoying. I only use the center dashboard volume wheel.

can we get the volume control dial on my steering wheel to be as sensitive as the dial / wheel on the dashboard (the one located between the 2 air con power dials)? The one on the steering wheel is essentially useless and yet is in a far more valuable location to control my sound. Thank you.
I agree for me the main issue is the lag/delay when using the steering wheel dials its the same for cruse control or volume you either hold it too long or not long enough. I think its a data processing delay.... The user interface needs a major update its just basically functional and buggy as hell... I really hope they fix it soon and the file system has too many layers if your in favorites for one source it should stay in favorites for all sources or whatever you swipe down should have the option to stay down w/access anklet you switch the upper screen only just simple fixes like this would help so much

I agree for me the main issue is the lag/delay when using the steering wheel dials its the same for cruse control or volume you either hold it too long or not long enough. I think its a data processing delay.... The user interface needs a major update its just basically functional and buggy as hell... I really hope they fix it soon and the file system has too many layers if your in favorites for one source it should stay in favorites for all sources or whatever you swipe down should have the option to stay down w/access anklet you switch the upper screen only just simple fixes like this would help so much
it’s hard to take posts seriously when they include no punctuation and spelling errors. Calling out Lucid on errors while making errors is kind of strange. Simple fixes like these will help us to read your post so much.

Not without a hardware redesign.

it’s hard to take posts seriously when they include no punctuation and spelling errors. Calling out Lucid on errors while making errors is kind of strange. Simple fixes like these will help us to read your post so much.
Bobby why do you delete my reply? As I said I'm dyslexic so it is what it is as for your comment that Im going on a rant I am not Im just stating areas for OS improvement

Bobby I got your reply message stating I should only say good things about my Lucid, where in the rules dose it say its OK for you as a moderators to belittle members?

Bobby I got your reply message stating I should only say good things about my Lucid, where in the rules dose it say its OK for you as a moderators to belittle members?
First of all I never said you can only say good things. There are plenty of posts, many from myself, that highlight issues that need to be improved… in a polite and constructive format. Your post was a rant. It simply stated a bunch of stuff you don’t like. It didn’t provide any better solutions or suggestions. That’s the difference.

First of all I never said you can only say good things. There are plenty of posts, many from myself, that highlight issues that need to be improved… in a polite and constructive format. Your post was a rant. It simply stated a bunch of stuff you don’t like. It didn’t provide any better solutions or suggestions. That’s the difference.
I don't agree it was not a rant. The topic was about the UI and the steering wheel knobs. It was simply a list of current issue I see and suggestions on possible ways to fix it. As an owner of over 30 cars I think I know a poorly implemented UI when I interact with one. All cars have UI issue my tesla S had them, my Taycan too but Lucid need to actually fix theirs as it possibly dangerous. I nearly hit a wall the other day when the rearview camera image froze and I didn't realize thinking I had more room... Ive had cars where they take a minute to turn on and settle the Lucid can take a few minutes up to 5 to activate. Its just poor software. Im not ranting, Im calling a spade a spade! The can fix it all with OTA

Not bothered
much by steering wheel controls but really would like Nav volume separate. I do like my spouse's T car with voice control and looking forward to Lucid continuation towards even better software. Car is an absolute dream to drive so the rest will be icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Not bothered
much by steering wheel controls but really would like Nav volume separate. I do like my spouse's T car with voice control and looking forward to Lucid continuation towards even better software. Car is an absolute dream to drive so the rest will be icing on the cake.
I too would like independent Nav volume, also the Nav information needs to be updated to include all current EA chargers. When recommending stops on my trip to LA it sent me to a bunch of old out of use EA chargers and didn't even show the new EA chargers at Curry Parkway Fresno just 20 mile down the road with 10 stalls all working.

I too would like independent Nav volume, also the Nav information needs to be updated to include all current EA chargers. When recommending stops on my trip to LA it sent me to a bunch of old out of use EA chargers and didn't even show the new EA chargers at Curry Parkway Fresno just 20 mile down the road with 10 stalls all working.
Yeah independent Nav volume is a top feature request of mine, I tend to listen to music loudly so when the navigation voice comes on it scares me to death. Are your maps set to auto-download updates? That might be why you didn’t have an EA site show up. Or maybe it isn’t listed in there from HERE maps yet, hard to tell. I tend to use PlugShare to find chargers anyway so I can see if they’re actually working. Coming from v1 software Lucid software has made massive improvements in functionality and stability and features, but yeah there’s still some things that need improving.

I don't agree it was not a rant. The topic was about the UI and the steering wheel knobs. It was simply a list of current issue I see and suggestions on possible ways to fix it. As an owner of over 30 cars I think I know a poorly implemented UI when I interact with one. All cars have UI issue my tesla S had them, my Taycan too but Lucid need to actually fix theirs as it possibly dangerous. I nearly hit a wall the other day when the rearview camera image froze and I didn't realize thinking I had more room... Ive had cars where they take a minute to turn on and settle the Lucid can take a few minutes up to 5 to activate. Its just poor software. Im not ranting, Im calling a spade a spade! The can fix it all with OTA
I've never had the rear camera freeze.
And it works pretty immediate when I enter the car.
There's 2 different rear image displays as mentioned on the forums and I'm sure on the FAQ as well.

Although there are some quirks I wish the Lucid had, I have no doubts it'll come soon or eventually and it's not deal breaking in any way. After the last month or driving 5+ electric vehicles... So happy to have my Lucid back

I’ve had the rear camera very briefly drop some frames very rarely, so when it did I let off the accelerator. This was in the setting of loading navigation, and starting an Atmos playlist, so I think it may have monetarily overtaxed the CPU that was loading things. The 360 camera does take an actual 45 seconds to load from sleep (@Bobby timed it), but for me because I don’t just open the door, get in and immediately put the car in reverse, I rarely if ever notice that lag.

Back