joec

Referral Code - MX1KDTYY
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
MX1KDTYY
In case you haven't figured out the press has it in for the entire EV industry, here's exhibit A.

Love the sad face on the woman in the first article.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 10.13.56 AM.png

In case you haven't figured out the press has it in for the entire EV industry, here's exhibit A.

Love the sad face on the woman in the first article.

View attachment 7589
Well, I would agree that winter range can be an issue for traveling unless you have access to Tesla's charging network. Not an issue for daily driving. I also agree that battery and motor technology will get better in 2-3 years and prices will come down.

Obviously this is not a news media: it's entertainment. People are attracted to whatever pings their emotions.
The ping is: "yea ... F electric cars (because I can't afford one and the technology is strange and scary, and that pings my endocrine system.") What is the market for these alarming stories? Morons. These past six months I am seeing EVs daily. Not the case last year. Imagine you need more eyeballs on your capitalist webpage and you try reporting the news to capture them:

HORSES AND ICE CARS OBSOLETE

Who would look at that headline as clickbait? The entire story is the headline. No emotional content.

ICE CAR RUNS OUT OF GAS VS EV BRICKS ON HIGHWAY, BLOCKS TRAFFIC which story gets the click ?

What if you wrote: HORSES ARE BETTER THAN GASOLINE ENGINES ( ICE cars better than EVs)

I'd read that because WTF? If you think about it that is exactly what the articles are about.

How do you write about EVs and make content people want to read? EVs are becoming boring. The limits of performance (range + quickness) have already been reached, and that's the only news story left re EVs. We are a hop-skip-and a jump from seeing a family sedan with the performance of a top fuel dragster. Who needs that? What else is there?

we've won folk. EVs are boring !

Yes, my father-in-law basically disowned me when purchased my first EV 2 years ago…..like I had joined the dark side. Ignorance is pervavise.
Well, after all, we are destroying the power grid! ;)

Well, after all, we are destroying the power grid! ;)
One transformer at a time:

On April 16, 2013, an attack was carried out on Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Metcalf transmission substation in Coyote, California, near the border of San Jose. The attack, in which gunmen fired on 17 electrical transformers, resulted in more than $15 million worth of equipment damage, but it had little impact on the station's electrical power supply.

Thu, 12/30/2021 - 8:12am

Many in Abbeville woke up early Wednesday morning without power.
Inclement weather was not to blame, nor was there a breakdown of any equipment in the electrical system.
The cause...someone fired a weapon at an electrical substation, hitting a transformer. That led to an outage for at least 25% of the city.
“It’s very frustrating,” Mayor Mark Piazza said Wednesday morning.

Back