Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
(Mods please move this if there’s a better spot.)

I would love to see control of the rear side window sunshades added to the pilot panel. I have a nine-month-old in the car a lot. I usually leave the side sunshades down so he can get a nice view outside while we drive along. But, he can’t raise the sunshade by himself when he needs to.

I think the rear side sunshades might come up with a second or extended lifting of the window button.

I’m assuming you already know that you can control them from the window controls on the driver side. After the windows are up, pull again on the window switch and the rear shades will come up.
If you didn’t know already that is!

I’m assuming you already know that you can control them from the window controls on the driver side. After the windows are up, pull again on the window switch and the rear shades will come up.
If you didn’t know already that is!
Wow I’m an idiot. Thanks!

I only know it because I had the same thing on my BMW M5 and it was handled the same way.

Wow I’m an idiot. Thanks!

ten_thousand.png

Picked up my AGT yesterday, so still figuring out stuff.
Its not really a bug, but I am curious what was Lucid thinking when they designed the two screens to show the same thing.... eg. I can "drag" navigation down to the center console screen, but now both screens show navigation. If I click on music icon on the top screen, center console also changes to music. There is no way to have navigation on center console and see what song is playing on the top screen. Is that correct?
Also, it will be nice to have the AC temperature visible at all times (same way it is in Tesla or Merc or almost every other car). Right now we have to toggle the temperature button to see what is the A/C setting. Am I missing something?

Its not really a bug, but I am curious what was Lucid thinking when they designed the two screens to show the same thing.... eg. I can "drag" navigation down to the center console screen, but now both screens show navigation. If I click on music icon on the top screen, center console also changes to music. There is no way to have navigation on center console and see what song is playing on the top screen. Is that correct?
Also, it will be nice to have the AC temperature visible at all times (same way it is in Tesla or Merc or almost every other car). Right now we have to toggle the temperature button to see what is the A/C setting. Am I missing something?
No you aren't. That limitation was/is part of Android Automotive from what I understand and is what the Lucid UX is built on.

No you aren't. That limitation was/is part of Android Automotive from what I understand and is what the Lucid UX is built on.
I wonder about that - my Volvo EV is also using Android Automotive, and shows the moving nav map (only) on the driver's display while a music/etc app, or another view of the nav map, can be showing on the main display.

I wonder about that - my Volvo EV is also using Android Automotive, and shows the moving nav map (only) on the driver's display while a music/etc app, or another view of the nav map, can be showing on the main display.
From what I remember reading they introduced that functionality in an updated version of AAOS, but my guess is Lucid's original OS was based off the older version. Who knows what is in store for the new 2.0 update!

From what I remember reading they introduced that functionality in an updated version of AAOS, but my guess is Lucid's original OS was based off the older version. Who knows what is in store for the new 2.0 update!
Hopefully they can make the changes to the software so we can use both screens efficiently. Right now its a wasted opportunity. When I am driving, I want to always see navigation (and clearly see both the ETA for arrival in both actual time, as well as remaining minutes). Plus I want to see what my media is playing.

On the main driver instrument panel, in the middle it shows the speed etc. The left has some trip info. On the right is just the Air logo, which shows blind side camera when the turn signal is on. Its essentially a wasted space that can be much better used if it shows media playing or some other useful information.
On Tesla Model S, the left side of the instrument panel shows a different view of the navigation, which is super helpful, compared to the main navigation. Lucid's current navigation (caveat: I am still learning it) is very basic, and doesn't show turns in detail. May be I need to spend more time with it.

Wish there is some where i can look up all the error messages. When error happens, it displays an error message on the dash, however, the message goes away too quickly.

Yup - I’m sure at some point they will change that. But even in 2.0 still shows the same thing on both screens, but nav has at least moved to pilot screen if you using it even if you have something else on the main screens

Tesla's sentry mode equivalent
* Recordings are stored in the cloud or ideally be able to select a google drive or dropbox account to store the video clips
* Happy to pay for a subscription to get access to recordings 24/7

Auto pre-conditioning when selecting a charger as a location.

carplay or android auto :)

I have a related comment on the OP's question. My dog activates the rear sunshades and the seat heaters. I have locked the rear display several times and it finally shows that the controls are not available on the rear panel so the seat heaters and rear shades are locked finally on the panel. I trust that it will not re-set to allow control until I change it in the display settings. The rear door window controls still operate. If the rear windows can be locked from the driver's position, how do I activate them?

I have a related comment on the OP's question. My dog activates the rear sunshades and the seat heaters. I have locked the rear display several times and it finally shows that the controls are not available on the rear panel so the seat heaters and rear shades are locked finally on the panel. I trust that it will not re-set to allow control until I change it in the display settings. The rear door window controls still operate. If the rear windows can be locked from the driver's position, how do I activate them?
Well, I was dead wrong. The rear seat heater controls are not disabled.

He gets too hot with the seats heated to three bars. Enzo can't make a mistake.

Back