Wireless phone charger …. Works great

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
I received my Grand Touring last week. I recall that many posts referred to wireless charging issues even with the newest iPhones.

So one of the first things I tried out was whether my iPhone 13 Pro would charge.

Sure enough, it does. With the case. The phone fits in very snug and always charges.

I’ve read other people who received their cars months ago had issues with my same phone.

I wonder whether Lucid changed the phone charger since then. We all know that Tesla changes their cars repeatedly whenever necessary. Perhaps Lucid is too.

In any event I just thought I’d let others know that it seems to work now at least for iPhone 13 Pro which I think is the same form factor as the 12 and 14.

Hi
I received my Grand Touring last week. I recall that many posts referred to wireless charging issues even with the newest iPhones.

So one of the first things I tried out was whether my iPhone 13 Pro would charge.

Sure enough, it does. With the case. The phone fits in very snug and always charges.

I’ve read other people who received their cars months ago had issues with my same phone.

I wonder whether Lucid changed the phone charger since then. We all know that Tesla changes their cars repeatedly whenever necessary. Perhaps Lucid is too.

In any event I just thought I’d let others know that it seems to work now at least for iPhone 13 Pro which I think is the same form factor as the 12 and 14.
Same general footprint between the 12, 13, and 14. But different sized camera "bumps" on the back. Which could have an effect on whether the magnet aligns easily.

Hi

This has been my experience with the 14 Pro Max and I had wondered the same thing. Mine works pretty consistently.

The camera bump on the 14 is substantial so if you push all the way down, as JoeC said, it will create enough separation that it won’t charge.

So I wondered if they moved the charger slightly higher behind the plastic. As mine consistently charges when I don’t push it all the way in.

That would have been a relatively simple fix that wouldn’t require new parts or anything.

Anyone know why our lovely, expensive cars don;t have TWO phone chargers...just one??

Anyone know why our lovely, expensive cars don;t have TWO phone chargers...just one??
Head scratcher, for sure.

I’m just happy my phone seems to fit and charge well in the one dock. I’ve honestly never seen a wireless phone charger in a car that worked well. Especially when I had my iPhone mini a few years back. But it’s a harder problem to solve than it looks, given the variety of phone shapes and sizes, magnet positions, etc.

I’m confident someone will come along with a good third party solution eventually for the Air. And probably a few terrible third-party solutions, too.

Head scratcher, for sure.

I’m just happy my phone seems to fit and charge well in the one dock. I’ve honestly never seen a wireless phone charger in a car that worked well. Especially when I had my iPhone mini a few years back. But it’s a harder problem to solve than it looks, given the variety of phone shapes and sizes, magnet positions, etc.

I’m confident someone will come along with a good third party solution eventually for the Air. And probably a few terrible third-party solutions, too.
are there any good solutions for charging second phone in the lucid yet? I was about to open a service ticket because my passenger side wireless charger wasn't working, but then ran across this thread! Hah! I will say the driver side works great for my 14 pro max. I love the fact that it grips your phone tight, so you can drive around quite fast and not worry about it falling out

are there any good solutions for charging second phone in the lucid yet?

Many of us have these now. Works and looks great as long as you have a magsafe phone, otherwise your phone will slide around.

Many of us have these now. Works and looks great as long as you have a magsafe phone, otherwise your phone will slide around.
you kind of lose access to the cubby in this case i suppose? And does it work with max/regular phones both?

you kind of lose access to the cubby in this case i suppose? And does it work with max/regular phones both?
It lifts up easily for cubby access. Check the video on that page. It also lists official compatibility in one of the images. Regular and max iPhones should be fine.

I use the Twraps charger, works great with the iPhone 15 pro max, with a MagSafe compatible case, or without a case. There is a notch for the camera to sit lower and not cause issue

I can vouch for the TWraps solution. Works great. Easy to access the underneath space. Magnet holds well. Charges both phones with no issues.

Or a MagSafe case; could even use an Android phone in that situation. Just a completely random example: https://www.amazon.com/MAKAVO-Translucent-Compatible-Protector-Shockproof/dp/B0BK678LG5/

Nope. Watch this:

@TWRAPS has just thought of everything! :p

That’s pretty cool. Do you know if the usb ports output 15W. Can you get a full speed charge from the MagSafe charger?
The pucks are designed to allow up to 15W of charging power (for each puck). If you are using an iPhone, iOS limits non-Apple pucks to 7.5W; these aren't MFi Certified and thus are limited to 7.5W for iPhones. High-end Android phones might see charging speeds around 13-15W.

(paraphrased from their FAQ)

Back