Wipers Breaking In The Rain.

For the first time in my brief but happy career as a Lucid owner, I have to ask - WHAT THE EFF, LUCID?!?!

Getting back to my car after finishing a trip at LAX, I begin my 140 mile drive home at approximately 2300 hrs in the evening. I knew I had to stop to charge somewhere along the way because my battery percentage was at 32%. Not enough charge to make the whole way home.

Just as I got on the freeway a light rain began. I turned on my wipers. Everything worked normally for about three minutes. Then, pandemonium on my windscreen broke loose. The drivers side wiper went out of sync, jammed itself under the other wiper, causing it to fail too. Now both wipers were stopped. Presently, I could no longer see out of my car.

I very carefully exited the freeway, and gingerly made my way to an EA charging station. As my luck would have it, my good luck at EA charging stations ran out. All three stalls had had their charging rates reduced. Not that this is going to matter in this rainy night, I can’t see where I’m going anyway.

This was, is, going to be a very long night. While the car was charging I got out into the rain and took the following pictures. What a perfect time for my wipers to fail on me. This rain isn’t forecast to let up until morning. In fact it’s getting stronger as I sit here and type. I don’t see how I’ll be able to complete my 140 mile drive home tonight. I can’t see in front of me. I have to lean over to my right and see out of the centre of my windshield. It’s dark, visibility is poor, and I can’t see lane markings. It’s just too difficult to drive.

My next step will be to text Lucid Ssrvice.

Bitch and Moan session over. For now.
Definitely sounds worse than my issue. I had my passenger side blade just stop sweeping midway through a rain storm. Only the driver’s side blade would sweep. Turned out to be a loose connection - at least that’s what I was told. Hope the fix for you is nice and simple as well.

Definitely sounds worse than my issue. I had my passenger side blade just stop sweeping midway through a rain storm. Only the driver’s side blade would sweep. Turned out to be a loose connection - at least that’s what I was told. Hope the fix for you is nice and simple as well.
Anyone who is interested in the actual fix for this single blade not operating thing, I just did it myself today. More details here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/windshield-wiper-fix.4604/

Back