Winter tires

dcontorno

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Any one have any suggestions for winter tires? I live in NC so we don’t get too much snow but we can get some.

The Nokia Hakkapeliita (spelling) tires are very good winter tires, put them on our car when we spent the Winter in Alaska, there was nowhere we couldn’t go.

Not sure about on the Lucid, but I have to agree on the Nokians! I loved them on my previous TL and my current Audi when I was still in Wisconsin.
Here in Arizona, I no longer worry about that!

Just got off the phone with my SA who told me that from Lucid the 19" wheels with winter tires will be $3800 (+/- $100 as I don't have email in front of me).

I got a AGT with 21" wheels and am having the 19" winter tires delivered with the car.

I'll update this post as I learn actual tire brand/model but it is the same wheel/tire set-up they did cold weather testing with so I'm paying the premium (pretty sure nice aftermarket will run ~$3,000 if car history serves me) to have the Lucid ease and piece of mind.

Hope this helps.

I like the idea of run-flat tires!
Run flats have saved me from being towed a few times. I have these on my LC500 convertible for winter in Chicago and they are quiet and ride nicely. I have the non run flat version on my Gen 2 NSX and they are great when the roads are cold.

Do run flats work on EVs?

Run flats drive like garbage, though.

Run flats are stiff and noisy. Pirelli’s are particularly bad. With an ultra quiet EV I’m guessing those negatives will be even more pronounced. I have used many run flat winter tires and the Michelin Pilot Alpin and the Dunlop 3D are pretty good. (BMW 5-Series owner in the snow belt.)

I have Soto Zero 3 run flats on my LC 500 convertible and they ride great
The Bridgestone run flats on my Q50 are no great shakes
I had the Lucid 19 inch winter wheel package (non run flat) installed today
Took 2 plus hours as there is some software to update to correct range calculations and some protective coating to clean off the wheels
I went without the aero blades
About $4400 with tax
Goose Island is not able to store wheels and they will bring my 21s to my home tomorrow
In the future I will have the mobile folks do the change overs
The 19s ride softer as they have much more sidewall

I have Soto Zero 3 run flats on my LC 500 convertible and they ride great
The Bridgestone run flats on my Q50 are no great shakes
I had the Lucid 19 inch winter wheel package (non run flat) installed today
Took 2 plus hours as there is some software to update to correct range calculations and some protective coating to clean off the wheels
I went without the aero blades
About $4400 with tax
Goose Island is not able to store wheels and they will bring my 21s to my home tomorrow
In the future I will have the mobile folks do the change overs
The 19s ride softer as they have much more sidewall
Can you share the tire brand/model and ratings?

Just got off the phone with my SA who told me that from Lucid the 19" wheels with winter tires will be $3800 (+/- $100 as I don't have email in front of me).

I got a AGT with 21" wheels and am having the 19" winter tires delivered with the car.

I'll update this post as I learn actual tire brand/model but it is the same wheel/tire set-up they did cold weather testing with so I'm paying the premium (pretty sure nice aftermarket will run ~$3,000 if car history serves me) to have the Lucid ease and piece of mind.

Hope this helps.
You sure it’s winter tires, not all-seasons tires???

I didn’t know OEM has winter tires for 19”.

Yes, you can get winter tires directly from Lucid

Again, they are Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 winter tires and mine are on the Lucid 19 inch rims

Here is info about the tires from Tire Rack

What is temperature grade for these tire?

Yes, you can get winter tires directly from Lucid

Again, they are Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 winter tires and mine are on the Lucid 19 inch rims

Here is info about the tires from Tire Rack

Thank you! I see they sell the Sotto Zero 3 with and without run flat capability on Tirerack, which does Lucid sell? I like the idea of the run flat option, but concerned about the ride quality.

Thank you! I see they sell the Sotto Zero 3 with and without run flat capability on Tirerack, which does Lucid sell? I like the idea of the run flat option, but concerned about the ride quality.
Ooops. I see “non run flat” in your previous post. Sorry.

Back