Windshield sparkles….

Bob Lahblaw

Verified Owner
Cars
2022 AGT R
When driving on a very sunny day, and the sun hits the windshield at a certain angle, I see sparkles all over the windshield. At first I thought it was dust/dirt…that’s what it looks like, dust catching the sunlight. But cleaning the windshield doesn’t remove it. Then I was wondering if it might have gotten “sand-blasted” during its original delivery to my house (I never saw the delivery truck, so don’t know if the car was covered/protected or not during its journey). I was also wondering if it might be an artifact of a coating of RainX, but I’ve never noticed such a sparkle effect on any other car I’ve RainX’d.

So, was wondering if any one else has experienced this, whether it is normal for the type of glass, or whether this is a potential issue I should have looked at. Since it is only noticed when the sun hits at an angle, it doesn’t really impair driving…just looks like a dusty / slightly dirty windshield.

(I’ve been meaning to post on this since last Sept when I first noticed the sparkles, shortly after receiving the car. But I kept assuming it was merely a dirty windshield and/or I would forget by the time I got home after noticing the sparkles on a sunny-day-drive. But, today, I remembered!)

I've experienced this, too, but for me cleaning the windshield inside and out solved the problem. The problem does repeat itself, but re-cleaning does help.

I've experienced this, too, but for me cleaning the windshield inside and out solved the problem. The problem does repeat itself, but re-cleaning does help.
Ah, I did not yet think to clean the inside of the windshield! Seems foolishly obvious to try…now.

Back