Wind noise

Having metal roof and 19”, I don’t have appreciable wind noise. If glass roof, +noise. If larger wheels, +noise.
I don’t either on my Pure AWD. I wonder if the Pures are quieter with the metal roof. I haven’t done a noise level test, but I’ll try it. I’ve got a couple of apps on my iPhone. It strikes me for consistency, people should be using the same apps or equipment and holding it in about the same area. Typically I think you should be holding a noise level meter at about ear level. Otherwise you’re setting up too many variables for comparing results.

I don’t either on my Pure AWD. I wonder if the Pures are quieter with the metal roof. I haven’t done a noise level test, but I’ll try it. I’ve got a couple of apps on my iPhone. It strikes me for consistency, people should be using the same apps or equipment and holding it in about the same area. Typically I think you should be holding a noise level meter at about ear level. Otherwise you’re setting up too many variables for comparing results.
I can’t imagine the glass roof being the same; more hard surfaces, more sound reflected. The plush pillars and metal roof all lined with alcantara *have* to drink up ambient.

Am a little concerned with the wind noise discussion as we will drive the car typically at higher speeds (100mph+) in Germany. Haven't gotten the car yet.
The BMW IX is really quiet across all speeds. Had 2 different wheel sizes and the car is actually better with 22" wheels (Vredestein M&S) than with 20" wheels (Goodyear EV M&S). So tire choice matters on comfort & noise.

Any feedback of how the wind noise is at higher speeds?

Am a little concerned with the wind noise discussion as we will drive the car typically at higher speeds (100mph+) in Germany. Haven't gotten the car yet.
The BMW IX is really quiet across all speeds. Had 2 different wheel sizes and the car is actually better with 22" wheels (Vredestein M&S) than with 20" wheels (Goodyear EV M&S). So tire choice matters on comfort & noise.

Any feedback of how the wind noise is at higher speeds?
Obviously there's some unexplained variance between cars, but I will say I've had a casual conversation over 130mph (in Mexico) without issue. I think road noise is always louder than wind noise in this slippery little car unless there's actually a strong wind blowing in your face.

I'm jealous, I think you'll have a blast. The only car I've yet driven on the Autobahn was an Opel Mokka. Not exactly a supercar. See if you can get a high speed test drive?

Obviously there's some unexplained variance between cars, but I will say I've had a casual conversation over 130mph (in Mexico) without issue. I think road noise is always louder than wind noise in this slippery little car unless there's actually a strong wind blowing in your face.

I'm jealous, I think you'll have a blast. The only car I've yet driven on the Autobahn was an Opel Mokka. Not exactly a supercar. See if you can get a high speed test drive?
Will try.
Plenty of experience in driving max speeds in Germany whenever traffic allowed for it. There is something very enjoyable going 160mph without having to fear for your license ;)

Written about it in a different thread. Yes wind noise noticeable as low as 35 mph. Glass roof, 21 inch wheels.

I’m too busy worrying about staying in my lane at 130 mph (the fastest I’ve dared take my GT), to even take any notice of any wind noise.

I also have wind noise, coming at the top of the front door windows on both sides. My brother and I noticed this as we were driving home after pickup in Denver in February. We could also feel the cold air on our fingers while driving at highway speeds. I reported it to service, and they showed up in July and took them out for a ride. They mentioned hearing turbulance from the outside mirror maybe, but as hot as it was, no sense of feeling the cold air. They checked the window seals and found nothing, but I will report it again on the next visit.

I also have wind noise, coming at the top of the front door windows on both sides. My brother and I noticed this as we were driving home after pickup in Denver in February. We could also feel the cold air on our fingers while driving at highway speeds. I reported it to service, and they showed up in July and took them out for a ride. They mentioned hearing turbulance from the outside mirror maybe, but as hot as it was, no sense of feeling the cold air. They checked the window seals and found nothing, but I will report it again on the next visit.
I had a GT loaner for almost a week and I noticed wind noise all the time from the drivers side window while it was up which I never do on my Touring

I’ve had the mobile tech look at my drivers window twice. It is loud. So much so that my wife commented about it from the passenger side. They can find nothing wrong. I was wondering if it was just because I am used to driving German cars. It’s so annoying it has me second guessing the Gravity.

I’ve had the mobile tech look at my drivers window twice. It is loud. So much so that my wife commented about it from the passenger side. They can find nothing wrong. I was wondering if it was just because I am used to driving German cars. It’s so annoying it has me second guessing the Gravity.
Same thoughts as me...loud wind noise and last two cars were German where there was none of these issues ever ..but I still love my car...

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
Yes I do hear the same noise. First, I want to recognize that Lucid service folks are A+. They are trying to fix this issue. I respect Lucid’s sincere attempt to resolve my concern. Lucid customer service is the best I’ve ever experienced. However, I’m starting to think this is a defective design based on my own experience and this forum. The Lucid loaner I’ve been given to use (while mine is in to address the problem) has the same wind noise issue at 45 mph ! I’m trying to reconcile my feelings about this by acknowledging all of us are essentially early adopters and should know things are not going to be perfect. That said, I’m really sad to say that I couldn’t lease a Lucid again unless the problem is totally resolved. A fantastic vehicle in so so many driving dimensions but for the constant wind noise.

Back