• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Who said only EV has range anxiety?

I remember once driving from Phoenix to Tucson and decided to take the "scenic" back way (Superstition to Florence and then on to Oro Valley and to Tucson). Well...I didn't remember/realize that there were no gas stations once I left the Florence area (lots of prisons however) and I ended up turning off the AC and driving 55 mph and barely getting to a Chevron station in Oro Valley. so...yes...range can be an issue for ICE cars as well.

Great story. My BMW 530i has a highway range of 650 miles and if I’m wrong there is a gas station somewhere even in the AZ wilderness only 55 miles away. This is why todays EV’s are sort of toys. In 20 years it will be a different story. Read about Henry Ford in the 1920’s.

I remember once driving from Phoenix to Tucson and decided to take the "scenic" back way (Superstition to Florence and then on to Oro Valley and to Tucson). Well...I didn't remember/realize that there were no gas stations once I left the Florence area (lots of prisons however) and I ended up turning off the AC and driving 55 mph and barely getting to a Chevron station in Oro Valley. so...yes...range can be an issue for ICE cars as well.
Been there, done that!

Back