Where is my car?

DADjim

Cars
Air

Lucid Air Grand Touring​

November 4, 2021 / 11:50 AM
Quantum Grey, Tahoe Interior, 21" Aero Blade Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD

I know this is a new company, new technology, and a strange world that we live in but...
IS anyone else having this experience?
GT ordered and then silence. The delivery process is the worst of any high end product i have ever bought. After being delayed one would think the company would proactively reach out and let us know what is going on.
Promises made, deadlines missed and ZERO updates from the company.
I was told the car was due in early May. VIN number and all then nothing. Reached out to delivery team who said there was an issue and they would let me know what it was and when it would be delivered. Crickets...again.
Frankly I'm worried that I'm about to buy a 140k lemon.
Anyone have thoughts?

There was a recall and things are a bit backed up. You probably should reach out to your DA again, you probably will get delivery soon. This is happening to everyone because the recall issue pushed things back like 4-6 weeks.

They are doing better quality control now, which is slowing things down.

Welcome to the Forum. You should follow this thread listing out tracking of deliveries and issues people are experiencing

We have our car since Dec 21 and have had the unusual UI problems plus water getting in the brake light, and two inspections due to the recalls. The Service has been outstanding ,and none of the "issues" prevented us from driving the car. The drivetrain is well engineered and well sorted out. I wanted to keep the miles low, in case it became a collectible, but I can't resist driving it so that ship has sailed.

Part of your delay is the quantum grey paint. That took awhile and they just recently started releasing some.

Lucid Air Grand Touring​

November 4, 2021 / 11:50 AM
Quantum Grey, Tahoe Interior, 21" Aero Blade Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD

I know this is a new company, new technology, and a strange world that we live in but...
IS anyone else having this experience?
GT ordered and then silence. The delivery process is the worst of any high end product i have ever bought. After being delayed one would think the company would proactively reach out and let us know what is going on.
Promises made, deadlines missed and ZERO updates from the company.
I was told the car was due in early May. VIN number and all then nothing. Reached out to delivery team who said there was an issue and they would let me know what it was and when it would be delivered. Crickets...again.
Frankly I'm worried that I'm about to buy a 140k lemon.
Anyone have thoughts?
Yup. All of us in the same boat. No communication. Now in month 7 on a 2-4 month delivery and week 6 on the delivery after a VIN But they will never tell me there is a delay or the reason for it.

Back