Wheel specs

duc900

Cars
AGT Black/Tahoe
Now that folks have actual cars, has there been confirmation of the wheel specs (offset, etc)? And do they match Tesla model S so aftermarket wheels can be used on Lucid? Does anyone have an info on this?

See 21 rim width and offset below. Got this from Lucid.

Attachments

• A1DF8D40-A6C6-4CB2-AFBA-973870E70371.png
    A1DF8D40-A6C6-4CB2-AFBA-973870E70371.png
    71 KB · Views: 446
Very helpful. Thanks for the info.

Now I can try to find some 21's I like aftermarket and I will order 19 for winter tires. Weather in Michigan can be ugly.

Did you guys figure out the bolt pattern and hub size?

Very helpful. Thanks for the info.

Now I can try to find some 21's I like aftermarket and I will order 19 for winter tires. Weather in Michigan can be ugly.
Did you get some winter tires/wheels, yet? The 21" Pirelli summer performance wheels basically say they should not be driven below 45 degrees F...

No, not yet. No winter tires available yet on Tirerack. There are all season 21's available so I will just go that route if nothing shows up by December.

Not ideal but I have done it on other cars.

Did you get some winter tires/wheels, yet? The 21" Pirelli summer performance wheels basically say they should not be driven below 45 degrees F...
Please heed this warning. Performance rubber compounds and tread design lose grip before it's freezing. Think of a hockey puck. I know two people who discovered this going off a freeway exit ramp one night...it was 36 degrees and they did not make the curve. It's a pretty remarkable change over just a few degrees. I wonder...does the Lucid have the snowflake warning light like Volvo does?

I plan to put proper snow tires on my factory 19" wheels when the all season tires wear out,
and to order the Lucid 21" wheels for use once it warms next spring.

Snow on the roads makes me want to go out for a drive. ; )

Last edited:
No, not yet. No winter tires available yet on Tirerack. There are all season 21's available so I will just go that route if nothing shows up by December.

Not ideal but I have done it on other cars.
There are several winter tire options for the 19" wheels; one for the 20" wheels.

I think there is a reason nobody puts proper winter tires on a 21" wheel ... it's kinda the worst of both...even the 20" wheels are suspect for driving in measurable snow... even the 19" wheels are a bit low profile for a skier...you want to go as narrow as possible.

Best snow car I ever owned was a Chevy Chevette. Very narrow snow tires, manual transmission, 50/50 weight balance on a lightweight car. It was a blast to take it out "drifting" in a storm.

drifting is what you do when it's winter storming in Vermont / Nude Hampster .... you get a 63 Dodge Valliant with the slant 6...fist sized holes in every piece of sheet metal, including the floors. Snow chains on all corners. When a Nor'Easter rolls up the coast during the dark times you call yer buds and load up...four people minimum...3 snow shovels minimum. You gotta be ready and get out before the plows. Night is the prefered time.
You drive around looking for roads that pass through a field where the snow has drifted across the road.
Try to get through. If you get stuck that's the point. It's thirsty work. This is drifting.

Are there any known 19” third party rim out there for Lucid Air?

Are there any known 19” third party rim out there for Lucid Air?
I’m looking into some right now; the problem seems to be the hub. It doesn’t match a lot of aftermarket wheels so you need to run a hub ring. I’ve done it on a few cars in the past with no issues just that hub centric wheels would be preferred.

I’m looking into some right now; the problem seems to be the hub. It doesn’t match a lot of aftermarket wheels so you need to run a hub ring. I’ve done it on a few cars in the past with no issues just that hub centric wheels would be preferred.
Do you know what the hub size for 19” wheels are?

Good info here... anything i should know about offeset? I see wheels with diff offsets. Also any info about break caliper clearance?
Thanks so much.
I see some wheels with 8.5 width vs 8? Would that still work..
Novice here and new to this...thanks for any help!

(old) Tesla Model S spec aftermarket wheels works. Ours for example.
glossytitanium.jpg

There are several winter tire options for the 19" wheels; one for the 20" wheels.

I think there is a reason nobody puts proper winter tires on a 21" wheel ... it's kinda the worst of both...even the 20" wheels are suspect for driving in measurable snow... even the 19" wheels are a bit low profile for a skier...you want to go as narrow as possible.

Best snow car I ever owned was a Chevy Chevette. Very narrow snow tires, manual transmission, 50/50 weight balance on a lightweight car. It was a blast to take it out "drifting" in a storm.

drifting is what you do when it's winter storming in Vermont / Nude Hampster .... you get a 63 Dodge Valliant with the slant 6...fist sized holes in every piece of sheet metal, including the floors. Snow chains on all corners. When a Nor'Easter rolls up the coast during the dark times you call yer buds and load up...four people minimum...3 snow shovels minimum. You gotta be ready and get out before the plows. Night is the prefered time.
You drive around looking for roads that pass through a field where the snow has drifted across the road.
Try to get through. If you get stuck that's the point. It's thirsty work. This is drifting.
I wanted to snow drift the AGT this winter, the timing of what little snow we had this winter didn't jibe with empty shopping mall parking lot time....... You didn't think I was going to try country two lanes with ditches and barb wire.

Back