Wheel Alignment Check

northernstar

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
X1Z1QZTQ
I'm at about 5,800 miles with the AGT ... and I realized that my steering wheel's position was slightly off-center. The vehicle was pulling to the right when the steering wheel was in the center position.

The Costa Mesa Center never answered back.. So I ended up going to a local Firestone shop.
I don't recall hitting any potholes or impacting the wheels on the road, at least not to my knowledge, but the vehicle's Toes were off.

They recommended doing this at about 6k mile intervals.
I ended up getting their "lifetime wheel alignment" service...(+ additional $100)
I figured this would be better investment than relying on Costa Mesa Center as long as I have this vehicle.

AirGT_WheelAlignment_20240914.webp

I'm at about 5,800 miles with the AGT ... and I realized that my steering wheel's position was slightly off-center. The vehicle was pulling to the right when the steering wheel was in the center position.

The Costa Mesa Center never answered back.. So I ended up going to a local Firestone shop.
I don't recall hitting any potholes or impacting the wheels on the road, at least not to my knowledge, but the vehicle's Toes were off.

They recommended doing this at about 6k mile intervals.
I ended up getting their "lifetime wheel alignment" service...(+ additional $100)
I figured this would be better investment than relying on Costa Mesa Center as long as I have this vehicle.

View attachment 23305
What size wheels do you have? I think the 19 inch wheels would be less prone to misalignment due to more rubber cushion.

It's highly variable but since you paid for free lifetime alignment, every 6K miles to "check" seems a little excessive but no harm except the possibility of them "finding" things that need to be done. I would be surprised if they actually had to do any adjustments more often than every 12-20 thousand miles. The exceptions are if you hit a road hazard, have new tires installed or have any suspension work done.

It's highly variable but since you paid for free lifetime alignment, every 6K miles to "check" seems a little excessive but no harm except the possibility of them "finding" things that need to be done. I would be surprised if they actually had to do any adjustments more often than every 12-20 thousand miles. The exceptions are if you hit a road hazard, have new tires installed or have any suspension work done.
Well… Southern California isn’t exactly known for smooth, perfect, no-road-hazard roads… lol
Suppose that couple hundred bucks gave me peace of mind for any future road hazard that Air has to endure across LA, SD, OC, RS, and SB roads.

Back