What is a reasonable winter range expectation for my new Touring?

audiojerry

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
DE Number
My wife and I make an annual snowbird road trip from Wisconsin to Arizona in December, so there are several factors that would affect the range of our AT: 30 - 35 degree temps when we begin our trip, 600 lbs of combined baggage and passenger weight, operating the heater, and averaging 75 - 80 mph much of the time. The EPA estimates 411 miles with 19" wheels. What do you think would be a safe range assumption between charges if I charge to 80% each time under these conditions?

In my 2023 touring I have logged 26K miles in the Philly delaware area since late December 2022. I am at 3.5 mi/kWh. In winter it dips to 3.4 and in summer it bumps to 3.6. I use the AC to my hearts content and 99% of the miles are highway, generally between 60mph and 85mph depending on traffic. I would estimate between 200 and 250 miles range from 80% depending on how fast one drives.

ABRP and plugshare apps are pretty good at helping me estimate.

Lot of threads here about the topic with others’ experiences.

Mine gives me 3.3 miles in winter. Heat set at fan speed 3 and 75. Mix of city/highway driving.

My wife and I make an annual snowbird road trip from Wisconsin to Arizona in December, so there are several factors that would affect the range of our AT: 30 - 35 degree temps when we begin our trip, 600 lbs of combined baggage and passenger weight, operating the heater, and averaging 75 - 80 mph much of the time. The EPA estimates 411 miles with 19" wheels. What do you think would be a safe range assumption between charges if I charge to 80% each time under these conditions?
why not charge the car to 100% to begin your trip?
if you want to mitigate the ranges losses slow down to about 70-75 mph and once the cabin is warmed up turn off the heat and rely on the seat heaters to stay comfy

Heck I get 3.1 in the summer!

You have to drive it like you own it @Bobby 😂
In summer, I get 3.9 🥹. If I’m conservative and driving on HA @72 then 4.1.
I did the efficiency test on 70 miles round trip in winter on mid 50 degrees, no heat, 65 mph HA, heated steering/seats on. I got 3.7-3.9 (if I’m not mistaken )

Back