What Has This Guy Done To This Lucid?

DJL

Verified Owner
Alright, I just watched this YouTube video put out by JML Audio. It is less than a minute long and during it, he refers to doing something to the doors to reduce the road noise and increase the ride quality. What? Really? Does anyone know what he did and the basis of his rather remarkable claims? You can see the video by clicking HERE

It's their "Environmental Package." Here is a link to the video timeline where they talk about it:

Yes, but what is their "environmental package"? What have they done to achieve the results they claim?

I've achieved a similar result by pulling the interior door panels and adding Dynamat (or Noico on Amazon) to the internal door metal. These products don't really block noise as much as prevent vibration in large panels. You would also need to add a mass loaded vinyl cut to the size of the door if you wanted to block noise. I'm hoping the Air is quiet enough that I won't need to add any of this.

Reactions: DJL
Alright, I just watched this YouTube video put out by JML Audio. It is less than a minute long and during it, he refers to doing something to the doors to reduce the road noise and increase the ride quality. What? Really? Does anyone know what he did and the basis of his rather remarkable claims? You can see the video by clicking HERE
For Tesla I saw kits for the glass roof which was/is just weather stripping inserted in the gap. I would assume they are just adding weather stripping around the door edges like this:

Read somewhere they pop open the doors and line the inside with this stuff

For Tesla I saw kits for the glass roof which was/is just weather stripping inserted in the gap. I would assume they are just adding weather stripping around the door edges like this:

I tried this approach with one of my Teslas but it didn't make any difference. The biggest notable difference in sound was changing the tires and running them at 38 psi instead of 45.

It does sound like a Dynamat application. It made a difference in my tin-can 2011 Leaf.

I had dynamat installed in the floor of my last car. Spent $1800 didn’t think it made that much difference.

I like quiet cars. Part of what drew me to Lucid was their emphasis on a quiet ride. I haven’t seen the Lucids NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) levels reported. Do we know what they are and how they stack up? Car and driver usually measures NVH level at idle and highway speeds. But haven’t seen their NVH results on a lucid

I had dynamat installed in the floor of my last car. Spent $1800 didn’t think it made that much difference.

I like quiet cars. Part of what drew me to Lucid was their emphasis on a quiet ride. I haven’t seen the Lucids NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) levels reported. Do we know what they are and how they stack up? Car and driver usually measures NVH level at idle and highway speeds. But haven’t seen their NVH results on a lucid
Have you test driven one? It's pretty quiet, though not exceptional for an EV.

The main thing I remember about the test drive was the suspension! That was so impressive that I kind of don’t remember much else. I think I’ll just have to go on another. 😂

Have you test driven one? It's pretty quiet, though not exceptional for an EV.
I remember it was quiet but there was quite a bit of whine from the motors. My current EV (I Pace) is much more quiet in that regard.

I remember it was quiet but there was quite a bit of whine from the motors. My current EV (I Pace) is much more quiet in that regard.
I think our XC40 EV is quieter overall than the Air. But both are quieter than our previous Model 3.

Back