What an interesting day for comparing driving experiences

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
Back story....I own a 2015 Jaguar XF Sport with the 19" premium rims. My wife drives a 2021 Genesis GV80.

My Jag was at dealer for final "service" before I sell it now that I have my AGT. I got the call yesterday to come grab it as it is all done. My wife's GV80 was scheduled for its standard service this AM so Genesis came to pick it up and gave us a GV60 (their electric SUV/crossover) as a loaner. So, just today, I got to drive all four vehicles.

Early AM - drove son to school in my AGT...setting the baseline for rest of day.

AM - Just a little drive in wife's car, as we already had it out of garage ready to be picked up.

lunchtime - Drove GV60 down to pick up the Jag....about 20 miles/30 minutes or so of both suburban roads and then highway. Then wife drove that home while I drove the Jag. Here are my thoughts and feelings after such a unique day of various automobiles.

GV60 - At $70k, I guess I expected more. It drove very similar to a regular ICE small SUV. Regen was almost non-existent, even when I tried to put it on highest setting. I found I had to use the break almost every time. Front seat was roomy, but backseat would have been non-usable behind me (6'4"). It was peppy and easy to drive. I liked the dashboard....modern, yet simple. For all intents and purposes, no frunk...very odd...what else is up there?

GV80 - This is a full size SUV, with 3rd row seats, and while it feels very luxurious, it drives way sportier than expected. I truly enjoy my wife's car. It even has a little growl to it, which I quickly came to realize (later) I really enjoy.

My Jag - Not really having driven much in last 3 weeks, when I got back in it today and started it, I realized I missed the throaty, auditory feedback at startup. I find I miss the engine sounds lacking from the EV. And while the Jag was my favorite car prior to my AGT, it is a very distant second now. Still a great car!

AGT - By far, head and shoulders better than all the others...driving wise. The luxuriousness, smoothness, speed and handling are insane! The interior space makes you feel like you're in a 1970's cadillac...it feels so big. But then you put the hammer down and takes turns like "it's on rails" and you quickly believe you're in a little sports car! The infotainment was so far behind all the others though. Even the GV60 was alert and on and ready as soon as I hit the ON button. I KNOW it is coming and I still wouldn't trade my AGT for anything else, but it was a slap in the face how far behind the software is.

COME ON 2.0!!!!

Back