Weird charging scenario with my Air

KingRubin

New Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Mar 11, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
21
Cars
Touring
Twice now I’ve left my car plugged in while I’m out of town working and it starts doing a weird start/ stop charging sequence over and over again. Twice I’ve had my Wife unplug it because i don’t want to damage the battery. I come home and I get an alert saying I have a “Drive System Fault”. I leave it alone for a while, plug in, charge, and the fault goes away.

I suspect it’s the Tesla mobile charger I’m using but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience this.
 
Twice now I’ve left my car plugged in while I’m out of town working and it starts doing a weird start/ stop charging sequence over and over again. Twice I’ve had my Wife unplug it because i don’t want to damage the battery. I come home and I get an alert saying I have a “Drive System Fault”. I leave it alone for a while, plug in, charge, and the fault goes away.

I suspect it’s the Tesla mobile charger I’m using but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience this.
Mine would do this with the Lucid charger too, but I don’t get the drive system error just alerts about charging over and over. Then it stopped doing it and idk why.
 
Back
Top