Week one

BJR

Cars
Air GT, Audi RS4
Got 2 garage doors for 2 profiles to work. Between the two of us, have tried all drive modes-results better than expected. Two road trips, on one filled trunk and frunk with $300.00 worth of nursery plants. Mileage within reason. Like riding on a flying carpet.

Thoughts on the glass roof? How is glare/heat transmission? And do the sun visors feel like they really ruin the effect of the glass, or you don't notice as much?

Thanks!

Thoughts on the glass roof? How is glare/heat transmission? And do the sun visors feel like they really ruin the effect of the glass, or you don't notice as much?

Thanks!
It is not yet summer here, so there is no problem (at least not yet). I don’t notice the visors.

Thanks!

I find the rear view mirror/center strip to "ruin the view" more than the visors. It is definitely not, "oh wow! I'm sitting in a bubble!" More like a traditional car with a nice panoramic roof. That said, I think it looks great both inside and out.

Thanks!
I find the visors to be perfectly placed. Just right to block the sun when needed but otherwise don't even notice them.

Thanks!
I’m undecided as to whether I need it tinted yet. Was 90 degrees the other day and whilst the sun wasn’t annoying I could feel the heat coming through. Not annoying but was noticeable. If I find I have to keep the AC at 68 or lower in summer to compensate for the heat coming in via the roof I’ll be off to get it tinted

I’m undecided as to whether I need it tinted yet. Was 90 degrees the other day and whilst the sun wasn’t annoying I could feel the heat coming through. Not annoying but was noticeable. If I find I have to keep the AC at 68 or lower in summer to compensate for the heat coming in via the roof I’ll be off to get it tinted
Good thing is that Autoskins can do the tint without a seam. Do eet! 3m crystalline 70 for windshield! The added benefit of glare reduction means I barely ever have to use the visor as well

Good thing is that Autoskins can do the tint without a seam. Do eet! 3m crystalline 70 for windshield! The added benefit of glare reduction means I barely ever have to use the visor as well
Imagine tho---spend $140k on a car whose design--- day one--requires you to go to the after-market and spend more $ to be comfortable...avoid skin cancer...whatever

How about just letting us opt out? 4Q22, btw we can opt out

Imagine tho---spend $140k on a car whose design--- day one--requires you to go to the after-market and spend more $ to be comfortable...avoid skin cancer...whatever

I wouldn't use the word require...

Seeing @hydbob's pictures of his dashcams certainly brought back memories of my early years when my brother was helping me install a stereo unit in a Plymouth Duster.
Decades later, $140K would give us similar opportunity to test our ingenuity :)

I take some issue to that...1) no one is talking about skin cancer because glass gets hot and 2) for many of us, it has either been a minimal problem or no problem at all.

At the end of the day, there are many thoughts on this board and you have to make up your own mind, but at least try to keep hyperbole out of it.

From what I have heard, the windshield and glass roof come with an interior layer that blocks 98% of the IR transmission and over 99% of the UV. Adding a tint to block another 98% of the IR is going to decrease the IR transmission from 2% to less than 1%. Good luck on being able to feel that difference. Tint the windshield if you want to decrease visible light but it is not likely to help with IR transmission.

From what I have heard, the windshield and glass roof come with an interior layer that blocks 98% of the IR transmission and over 99% of the UV. Adding a tint to block another 98% of the IR is going to decrease the IR transmission from 2% to less than 1%. Good luck on being able to feel that difference. Tint the windshield if you want to decrease visible light but it is not likely to help with IR transmission.
Thank you for reaching out. My name is Breno with the Customer Care team. The information regarding the UV and IR filtering specs apply to all windows and glass canopy.

So, I am happy to share that all “our glass has PVB blocks 99% UV. The Ag3 coating reflects IR, a major contributor of heat which results in Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) of about 54%".

Have a great evening.

Tinting will definitely help raise the TSER.

I take some issue to that...1) no one is talking about skin cancer because glass gets hot and 2) for many of us, it has either been a minimal problem or no problem at all.

At the end of the day, there are many thoughts on this board and you have to make up your own mind, but at least try to keep hyperbole out of it.
You can be sure I'll make up my own mind.....

Back