Warmer weather making a difference already...

Snafu

Verified Owner
Cars
2000 RAV4, AGT/Zen Red
Running errands with the temps at 70 degrees today (19", smooth, high regen) and driving back roads and hills for about 50 miles, I managed 4.5 for the trip info. MUCH better than this winter! :eek:)

Same experience in Wisconsin. AT-19”.

4.4 to 4.6 today over about 50 miles. Temps around 72. Best I did when it was 40s-50s was about 4.1 typically 4.0. Obviously ambient temp impacts EV efficiency significantly.

I drive Smooth with High Regen for one pedal driving around town but it seems to be the best for efficiency as well. Low Regen is most comfortable for highway miles.

Same experience in Wisconsin. AT-19”.

4.4 to 4.6 today over about 50 miles. Temps around 72. Best I did when it was 40s-50s was about 4.1 typically 4.0. Obviously ambient temp impacts EV efficiency significantly.

I drive Smooth with High Regen for one pedal driving around town but it seems to be the best for efficiency as well. Low Regen is most comfortable for highway miles.
Hmmm, maybe I'll try the lower Regen on my highway driving. I usually have the ACC and/or HA on for most of that. I have only used the Low Regen in the snow/ice/bad weather.

Yes!! Same thing here. Over last couple weeks in temps 40-60 I am now up to 3.9 m/kWh in mostly local driving with a few longer highway stretches . I have noticed the most dramatic improvement when the ambient temperature goes from below freezing to about 40 or so . Can easily get over 4 with steady smooth driving.
So much more enjoyable to drive without ice and snow .
Has anyone noticed a big difference in efficiency between standard and high Regen? I personally have not and have been experimenting with both methods. Would love to hear others experiences.

I have experimented a bit. I think high regen is slightly better for efficiency by about 0.1-0.2 mi/kWh.

Jumping away from the efficiency discussion . . . I seem to be experiencing a (10-20% by seat of pants) drop in power in the "non-sprint" modes. The full throttle push in the back seems a bit muted. Don't know if it's the warmer weather (ie does the software change power availability under different temperature conditions), or maybe something related to the most recent OTA or just my imagination ? ? Anyone else having a similar experience recently ?

My winter/summer temperature change includes my rear deck stops creaking and my soft close door starts not working all the time and needs to be aligned. The exact reverse happened last December. I'll get the door adjusted now and will probably wait for the deck fix to be done next winter when it starts creaking again.

Back