WA registration

magesh

Cars
X7 M60i, AGT
Asking WA owners, how / what is the process for registration?

Lucid sent in the p.work for WA DOL DMV & I filled it in & sent it back. However I see a temp AZ sticker on the back.

Do I need to take it to the local DMV? Or wait for Lucid to send me the WA plates? I presume the latter, but needed to be sure.

TIA

Im also in WA and do not know.. curious what you find out.

Send in paperwork, wait. You’ll get it all in the mail in a few weeks. Meanwhile, temp az plates are fine.

What sales tax rate are they charging? My PA has a higher rate than the local sales tax rate for my city. Did your PA has the correct rate or an estimate and Lucid sent a refund later? Thanks.

What sales tax rate are they charging? My PA has a higher rate than the local sales tax rate for my city. Did your PA has the correct rate or an estimate and Lucid sent a refund later? Thanks.
My PA showed a 9% sales tax. I was expecting 8.8% sales tax for Blaine, in Whatcom County, Washington. When I called Lucid on this I was told this was the city, county and state combine tax rate. However, I have since learned that the state also charges a 0.03% lease/vehicle sales tax on top of their 6.5% state sales tax. Thus, maybe I should have been charged 9.1%. Given the slight differences betweeen 8.8% vs, 9.0% vs 9.1%. I just did not sweat the small stuff.

I actually think i paid local AZ sales tax since that is the factory location since lucid cant have dealerships. Same as DJL my local sales tax WA state and city is 8.8 % and i paid more than that.

I actually think i paid local AZ sales tax since that is the factory location since lucid cant have dealerships. Same as DJL my local sales tax WA state and city is 8.8 % and i paid more than that.
Bel, I originally thought that also. However, my DA explained that it is paid to Washington State.

Bel, I originally thought that also. However, my DA explained that it is paid to Washington State.
I see. I just looked it up and i paid $12,645 sales tax on car 139k and dest fee of 1.5k -- that makes it exactly 9%.

Reactions: DJL
I am being charged 10.8% and when I brought it to my DA attention, he checked with some one and confirmed it will be 10.8%.

PA resident here. Took delivery 29 Sept. Tmp tag IL . No title. No license plate. No word. Tag expired now.
"Lucid" is not in anybody's system. I tell them it's an experimental aircraft = not in their jurisdiction.

I am being charged 10.8% and when I brought it to my DA attention, he checked with some one and confirmed it will be 10.8%.
Wow! That seems a bit high. Have you checked to see what you city and country tax rate is? Washington is a bit different than most states since it doesn't have an income tax. Thus, the state charges a 6.5% general sales tax plus a 0.3$ vehicile tax. You need to add to that the sale tax your county charges as well as your city. For up here in Blaine, that come to about 9%. You locale may be different.

What county are you in? My county's sales tax is 9.2%. Add to that the additional state sales/use tax of 0.3% and you get the total sales tax you should be paying. The sales tax specified in my final purchase order was the correct 9.5%. Edit: some incorporated areas (cities) also tack on their own sales tax, so I guess that could factor in, too. The current tax rate is available at https://dor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-05/MVETLSUFlyer_22_Q3.pdf?uid=63ac789824247

Last edited:
PA resident here. Took delivery 29 Sept. Tmp tag IL . No title. No license plate. No word. Tag expired now.
"Lucid" is not in anybody's system. I tell them it's an experimental aircraft = not in their jurisdiction.
Interesting. Lucid hasn't tried to register it for you? I will be transferring my old PA special fund plate to my new Lucid and my DA asked for a picture of the plate as well as current registration, so they can process.

On the bright side, Philly cops are incredibly unlikely to pull you over. But I hope your insurance carrier is OK with this state of affairs.

I live in unincorporated King County and the attached is what I paid in taxes and license.

Attachments

• PurchaseAgreement.pdf
    368.3 KB · Views: 147
Im in bellingham wa and state and city sales tax is 8.8 % and i paid 9 %. DJL found addtional vehicle tax of 0.3 %, but seemingly i paid only 0.2 %. However, bellingham sales tax used to be 8.7 %, so perhaps i paid that. I believe Seattle area is 10+ %, and for example, Lynnwood is 10.6 %.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of the 0.3% vehicle tax. Our local sales tax rate is 10.5%, so with that 10.8% is correct.

Got the plates, by FedEx, today. Approx a month from pickup to plates.
It’s been a month for me and still haven’t got the plates. Did they give you a message/tracking number when they dispatched it? I guess not as it probably comes from the DMV directly. But did you guys get any “paperwork” from Lucid separately either?

It’s been a month for me and still haven’t got the plates. Did they give you a message/tracking number when they dispatched it? I guess not as it probably comes from the DMV directly. But did you guys get any “paperwork” from Lucid separately either?
I just filled out one form around the time of car delivery and sent in to wherever. I don't quite remember just that it was something with license plates and also don't remember if it was from Lucid or DMV but think more DMV. No other communications occurred. And then two plus months after delivery, the plates came with FedEx to my home. The screws on the Lucid mounted plate holders were too short for putting a frame around the plates, and I had to get screws (stainless and was millimeters, think M5, which is unusual size) from the hardware store.

Back