Volvo EX90 at CES 2023

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

I didn’t know Kyle is such Volvo fanboy.

Man, the fronts of so many EVs are just hideous. Say what you like about the Afeela, at least it doesn't have this weird, undefined nose that screams "My designer had absolutely no idea what to do with this space."

The front ends are starting to get ugly! I just assumed it was a byproduct of trying to achieve lower drag coefficients. And the engineers are getting more of a say than the design teams.

Btw, this car has Lidar above windshield, it will be the first of its kind in a production vehicle. It aims to see 300m with higher elevation.

It looks cleaner to me than the Polestar 3, which in photos looks unnecessarily complex in the headlights and area between them. That said, I'm more interested in the Gravity, since I assume it will use cylindrical cells as the Air does.

So, looks like my PLAN C (Plan A= Rivian R1S [NOT likely to ever happen] .. Plan B = Hummer EV SUV [Also, not likely to ever happen] ) .. the EX90 will be built in SC ... hopefully that means (that unlike the "elusive" Rivian order) .. it may actually get delivered to us 👍

Well .. I spoke too soon .. got this Rivian-like email from Volvo this morning ... ugh! Might have to just buy my wife another ICE SUV ..
2023May11 Volvoemail.JPG

Well .. I spoke too soon .. got this Rivian-like email from Volvo this morning ... ugh! Might have to just buy my wife another ICE SUV ..
Maybe the Polestar 3?

Back