Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
As we welcome more and more users to the forum, I have noticed more questions about best practices for locking and unlocking. I have made a video to try to explain the options.

Between producing and starring in videos, moderating the forum, 3D printing doodads and inventing clever fixes to common Lucid problems…..when do you find time to drive?? J/K! Great video…and I like your office.

Bobby, fyi, when I went to YouTube and put in Bobby on the Air, there were no appropriate results. Went back to this thread, started it and hit Subscribe so I would have easy access to it and other videos.

As we welcome more and more users to the forum, I have noticed more questions about best practices for locking and unlocking. I have made a video to try to explain the options.
Video is great until the end

Video is great until the end
@hydbob and @Bobby are great friends. Post a nice comment to Bobby's YouTube channel and the winning commenter gets a free beer from Hydbob, as I understand it.

Fobs are for losers.
I would have been so on your team six months ago on this. But the frunk. The damn frunk. Way too clunky to open without the fob.

“Hey Siri, open the frunk” :)
Takes forever. And if the car is asleep, never works on the first try. The fob is 100% consistent and takes less than 5 seconds. That’s the standard the mobile app team needs to meet.

Mobile keys are for people that like standing outside their car trying to unlock using the app since proximity didn’t work
Just push in the handle. Works 100% of the time for me.

Fobs are for losers.
Since I’ve been running around with this sweet Lucid loaner, I’ve been only using the fob. It is soooooo much more reliable and faster than my phone-only setup. It’s made me contemplate carrying a fob around.

Since I’ve been running around with this sweet Lucid loaner, I’ve been only using the fob. It is soooooo much more reliable and faster than my phone-only setup. It’s made me contemplate carrying a fob around.
Do it

Started using the mobile key reading this thread and watching the nice video. Working great so far, but still carrying the fob in a Faraday bag just in case!

Excellent, Bobby! Thanks for doing this. And yes to disabling proximity. I undid the mobile key all together because I am in and out of the garage all weekend and got tired of the car unlocking/locking.

Since our Forum readership continues to grow with new folks, it might be nice to have a short video addressing the basics of using the Lucid Navigation (road trip considerations, add way points, set-up for model and driver preferences, etc.) versus other route planners. Love your other videos BTW...

Since our Forum readership continues to grow with new folks, it might be nice to have a short video addressing the basics of using the Lucid Navigation (road trip considerations, add way points, set-up for model and driver preferences, etc.) versus other route planners. Love your other videos BTW...
That would be awesome as a hands on tutoring piece.

Thanks for the video. Very helpful! I’ve had my car 9 months and didn’t realize I could press the handle to lock on command. I love the suggestion for the option to disable automatic unlocking. Although I share many people’s preference for mobile key, I ended up deleting the mobile key from my phone because the car constantly locks and unlocks when I walk through my laundry room or kitchen or walk upstairs (all areas near garage). I can’t stick my phone in a faraday bag cause I need it for work, etc. Are there other solutions people have identified?

Thanks for the video. Very helpful! I’ve had my car 9 months and didn’t realize I could press the handle to lock on command. I love the suggestion for the option to disable automatic unlocking. Although I share many people’s preference for mobile key, I ended up deleting the mobile key from my phone because the car constantly locks and unlocks when I walk through my laundry room or kitchen or walk upstairs (all areas near garage). I can’t stick my phone in a faraday bag cause I need it for work, etc. Are there other solutions people have identified?
turn off bluetooth on phone

Back