Used Touring with DD Pro and SS Pro trials

EVEnthusiast

Reaction score
I am looking at a used 2023 Touring and it seems like from the era where DD Pro and SS Pro hardware was installed and there was a 90 day trial. The dealer doesnt have the window sticker. The car is remote, so I havent yet seen that in person. But when I asked the sales person to put it in reverse, I can see the 360 camera. So at least DD Premium is working and may be even DD Pro. I am going to have him drive the car on highway to test DD Pro. But here is the confusion - when I called Lucid to check on what are the options on the car, they say "DD Pro" subscription is active but it is still "trial subscription". They dont see any record of any previous owner buying the upgrade to DD Pro. The car is running the latest software update (2.4.4).
1. Is it possible that DD Pro and SS Pro are active even if the trial has ended and no one purchased the upgrade? Have there been examples of trials continuing like this?
2. What can explain DD Pro being active?
3. If I were to buy the car and during the owner transfer process, Lucid shuts down DD Pro, what is the current price to upgrade to DD Pro from basic Dream Drive?
4. When the sales person read through the Owners Manual, it seems to list Highway Assist there. Does the owner manual only list features that car has or it lists all features irrespective of the trim or entitlements?
Thanks for your help.

I am looking at a used 2023 Touring and it seems like from the era where DD Pro and SS Pro hardware was installed and there was a 90 day trial. The dealer doesnt have the window sticker. The car is remote, so I havent yet seen that in person. But when I asked the sales person to put it in reverse, I can see the 360 camera. So at least DD Premium is working and may be even DD Pro. I am going to have him drive the car on highway to test DD Pro. But here is the confusion - when I called Lucid to check on what are the options on the car, they say "DD Pro" subscription is active but it is still "trial subscription". They dont see any record of any previous owner buying the upgrade to DD Pro. The car is running the latest software update (2.4.4).
1. Is it possible that DD Pro and SS Pro are active even if the trial has ended and no one purchased the upgrade? Have there been examples of trials continuing like this?
2. What can explain DD Pro being active?
3. If I were to buy the car and during the owner transfer process, Lucid shuts down DD Pro, what is the current price to upgrade to DD Pro from basic Dream Drive?
4. When the sales person read through the Owners Manual, it seems to list Highway Assist there. Does the owner manual only list features that car has or it lists all features irrespective of the trim or entitlements?
Thanks for your help.
Hope more knowledgeable people will answer 1-3 but I believe owner’s manual list all features irrespective of trim. I don’t think it is customized to your specific features. It is fairly straightforward to validate the existence of hardware (I don’t have it). DD pro will include a lidar up front underneath the lucid name on the front. There are top speakers on the A pillar for SS pro hardware. Once you have your Lucid login, you should see upgrade options. If my memory is right, some folks here mentioned the upgrade cost is around $2500 - don’t hold me to that number.

Hope more knowledgeable people will answer 1-3 but I believe owner’s manual list all features irrespective of trim. I don’t think it is customized to your specific features. It is fairly straightforward to validate the existence of hardware (I don’t have it). DD pro will include a lidar up front underneath the lucid name on the front. There are top speakers on the A pillar for SS pro hardware. Once you have your Lucid login, you should see upgrade options. If my memory is right, some folks here mentioned the upgrade cost is around $2500 - don’t hold me to that number.

I have a 23AT and had the 3 month trial. Upgrade cost for SS Pro is 2900 and DDPro is 12000. Kind of unfair on the DD Pro.

Back