Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Screenshot_20221027-061721_Drive.jpg

Is there a way to configure the next/previous buttons to skip back and forward within a track (I.e., a podcast)? I’ve always configured my settings per app to do this in other vehicles, and it’s frustrating to miss something that’s been said and try to skip back to hear it…only to change podcasts completely. 🤨

Is there a way to configure the next/previous buttons to skip back and forward within a track (I.e., a podcast)? I’ve always configured my settings per app to do this in other vehicles, and it’s frustrating to miss something that’s been said and try to skip back to hear it…only to change podcasts completely. 🤨
Not that I've found. If you figure it out, let me know! Reaching over to skip on the screen is tough

They work with Amazon Music. I am sure that the Lucid software just passes the button push to whatever app is playing the audio.

They work with Amazon Music. I am sure that the Lucid software just passes the button push to whatever app is playing the audio.
To skip between songs, or to rewind/forward in a song? Because skipping is not the ideal behavior for podcasts if that’s what you mean.

But although my Apple Podcasts is set to move forward/backward, those buttons switch to the next/previous podcast for me.

To skip between songs, or to rewind/forward in a song? Because skipping is not the ideal behavior for podcasts if that’s what you mean.

But although my Apple Podcasts is set to move forward/backward, those buttons switch to the next/previous podcast for me.
You are correct. Maybe Lucid could make holding the button down be fast forward or reverse, assuming the app supports that.

The forward and back buttons in the SXM app go to live or the previous track. I wish there was a way to set them to go to the next "favorite" station or next station numerically when in the main channel list.

Suggestion:

Press 4-5-6 simultaneously and hold 3 seconds to reset the car. (Only work if car is in Park drive gear, no need to get out of car)

Wow, this is great. I have an idea: why don't we collect all the controls and features of the car and index them and chapter them and put them in a soft-cover book that we can thumb through and flip back and forth and mark up and highlight and even fold over the corners of the pages we need to frequently reference? We could call it an owner's manual, it would fit in the glove box, and it would not have anything at all to do with phones, laptops, or even needing electricity and a MS / computer science to use. We could cal this new invention " A BOOK ".

It occurs to me that there are already people who don't know why a book is so so so much superior to an app. Get me an owners manual that I can stick my finger in the page whilst I thumb to the section it refers to. Computers have slowed everything and made humans stupid again.

ps thanks hydrobob for making the font large enough for my old eyes.

Wow, this is great. I have an idea: why don't we collect all the controls and features of the car and index them and chapter them and put them in a soft-cover book that we can thumb through and flip back and forth and mark up and highlight and even fold over the corners of the pages we need to frequently reference? We could call it an owner's manual, it would fit in the glove box, and it would not have anything at all to do with phones, laptops, or even needing electricity and a MS / computer science to use. We could cal this new invention " A BOOK ".

It occurs to me that there are already people who don't know why a book is so so so much superior to an app. Get me an owners manual that I can stick my finger in the page whilst I thumb to the section it refers to. Computers have slowed everything and made humans stupid again.

When I asked my wife to get out of car at 11pm cold at night, she gave me that look for being serious. 😔 But a reset without getting out of car is good “added feature”. Some parts of any town just are not safe to get out, especially driving a flashy car.

Yeah, I know, the old-style printed owners manual went out ages ago, as did in many cases actual words being replaced by icons and pictographs that you might be able to interpret. I like the printed manuals as well, but I have to admit that with the frequent software updates that change where things are and how they work, that manual you got with your car for UX 1.0 is not so useful anymore. Personally, I have downloaded the PDF version to my laptop for reference, and just re-read the entire manual from front to back, but the version I was reading is outdated.
Best you can do for now might be to view the PDF owners manual and print the specific pages you'd reference frequently or might need in a hurry. I'm thinking on the latter of the manual section that tells a tow truck operator what to do and what not to do ... but I would hesitate to put it in the glove box since you can only open that by pressing a button on the pilot panel, which may not be working at the time of your crisis.

Suggestion:

Press 4-5-6 simultaneously and hold 3 seconds to reset the car. (Only work if car is in Park drive gear, no need to get out of car)
I know the buttons 4 & 5 where is the button 6

Attachments

• EB3C5176-8AAA-4BB6-81BC-464999BB54A1.png
    EB3C5176-8AAA-4BB6-81BC-464999BB54A1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 120
  • F8922781-1A51-4111-83F3-A71990F92819.png
    F8922781-1A51-4111-83F3-A71990F92819.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 105
Suggestion:

I know the buttons 4 & 5 where is the button 6

Attachments​

• EB3C5176-8AAA-4BB6-81BC-464999BB54A1.png
    EB3C5176-8AAA-4BB6-81BC-464999BB54A1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • F8922781-1A51-4111-83F3-A71990F92819.png
    F8922781-1A51-4111-83F3-A71990F92819.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

Typo, I meant 3-4-5

Typo, I meant 3-4-5
Is this considered a soft reset? Any negatives to this procedure that you are aware of and might this also restore the SiriusXM that I only had for 1 day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Is this considered a soft reset? Any negatives to this procedure that you are aware of and might this also restore the SiriusXM that I only had for 1 day. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Yeah, there may be time cockpit screen or pilot panel blacked out, although I haven’t seen it in UX20. But it is good to have this stay in the car reset option.

To be clear, this doesn't exist currently, right? Just a suggestion from @Tesla2.0

To be clear, this doesn't exist currently, right? Just a suggestion from @Tesla2.0
Yeah suggestion to Lucid developer. For future glitches correction. And it can be good PR when driver doesn’t need ask all passenger to get out of car to reset.

Back