- Joined
- Jul 4, 2024
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 5
- Cars
- 2024 GT 1988 Porsche 911
- Air DE Number
- 9371
For my first EV I ordered a loaded Red 2024 GT and took the 18 month lease as I was a not sure I would like the EV experience. I also bought the snow tire and wheel package since Lucy would be my Colorado ski car. We have been through two winters with some moderate snowy roads the first winter while the last one was a real skiing disappointment. The car handles well in snow as I would expect with all wheel drive, four snows and a lot of weight. I would have bought a 2026 if it was offered with a ride height adjustment for better winter driving and ease of entry for some of my older friends. This was not available so I bought the car after using the five month lease extension at a discounted "market price" which I thought was very fair based on the used market. The car has 19,500 miles and has been virtually flawless. The Denver service team is excellent and I really like that they come to the house for service and tire change over. The long-term mileage has been 3.65 but I am a very aggressive driver and am on the power all the time. I have had two tire issues which I will attribute to bad luck. The first one was a rather rapid loss of pressure on the Pirelli snow. As I was on the highway with my wife in the car I drove on it and made it to an exit. The tire was toast but the rim was fine. Last weekend, I clipped some small piece of metal on the road and it put a whole in the middle of the sidewall. As my OEM Michelin Pilots were almost at the wear indicators with about 12,000 miles I opted to replace them with the Vredestein Ultrac Pro Max Performance summer tires. I have used these before on a Saab and it is a quality brand. They are highly rated by Tire Rack who I have used for years while tracking my 88' 911. I just drove the first 50 miles on them and they seem quieter than the Pilots and were half the cost. They are also better wear rated so I expect at least double the mileage. I will circle back to review them after a few thousand miles. In short, I am very happy with the car and hope it continues to perform well. The fit and finish are great and there are a whole bunch of loud performance cars in my end of town that have been embarrassed by how fast Lucy is. I have Tesla panels and Power Walls on the house so charging is free more than 90% of the time.
Best wishes,
Robert
Best wishes,
Robert