Trunk rubbing noise

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
Any other current owners getting or have gotten a rubbing noise from the trunk hinges? A rubbing noise just started yesterday from the left hinge as the trunk opens and closes. My service advisor asked me to send a video and of course it is improved--now only making the noise as it opens, not when it closes.

Any other current owners getting or have gotten a rubbing noise from the trunk hinges? A rubbing noise just started yesterday from the left hinge as the trunk opens and closes. My service advisor asked me to send a video and of course it is improved--now only making the noise as it opens, not when it closes.
I get a squeaking noise when the trunk opens, which sounds like the hinge is rubbing on some rubber, so I have been ignoring it.

I get a squeaking noise when the trunk opens, which sounds like the hinge is rubbing on some rubber, so I have been ignoring it.
I'll let you know what my service advisor says. For a car that is supposed to be the luxury EV, the squeak I'm hearing is not acceptable.

Yea I had that, the trunk hinge was rubbing against the rubber. Mobile service came and essentially cut a small piece of rubber out then lubricated it and it's been good

Yea I had that, the trunk hinge was rubbing against the rubber. Mobile service came and essentially cut a small piece of rubber out then lubricated it and it's been good
I would think that the rubber is there to prevent moisture from entering and that cutting a piece out defeats that. I'd rather have some squeaking. But I'll try and lubricate it.

Like this?

Reactions: DJL
Yea reference above but they tried to re-align the trunk and it still rubbed so they cut some of the rubber, Ike maybe 0.5 cm and then lubed it up and its been silent ever since no leak issues either I've washed my car a ton since then

I had this issue. The rubber pieces were rubbing together at the top range of the trunk opening or something like that. Mobile service came and sprayed some lubricant on it for 5 seconds and the problem was solved.

I had this issue. The rubber pieces were rubbing together at the top range of the trunk opening or something like that. Mobile service came and sprayed some lubricant on it for 5 seconds and the problem was solved.
I just sprayed some 303 Marine Aerospace Protextant around the rubber and it stopped the squeaks. I had bought a gallon of this stuff about 8 years ago and use it all the time on rubber and plastic.

I picked up mine 3 days ago and has the same noise.
The Lucid Service advisor told me that all most every Lucid Air has the same problem, and tried to explain it is normal o_O

Back