Trunk issues

Lucid_Air_P_2023

Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure
For no reason, my Lucid Air started showing a bunch of alerts and finally settled on -" Redundant lighting fault" and "Trunk Failure". The trunk was also inoperable. Called Cus care and was told that the Millbrae service center will call back and waiting (but been less than 12 hours). However, all the alerts went away and trunk is working fine as of this AM. I have a 2024 Model X as well and can see how far behind Lucid software is compared to Tesla. Slow response time between the app and car and in general. Alerts starts to come and go for no apparent reason. All these self healing alerts gives me less and less confidence to take my car for a long road trip. The trunk issue has been surely the most bizarre so far. From completely inoperable to perfectly fine overnight is really hard to understand.

For no reason, my Lucid Air started showing a bunch of alerts and finally settled on -" Redundant lighting fault" and "Trunk Failure". The trunk was also inoperable. Called Cus care and was told that the Millbrae service center will call back and waiting (but been less than 12 hours). However, all the alerts went away and trunk is working fine as of this AM. I have a 2024 Model X as well and can see how far behind Lucid software is compared to Tesla. Slow response time between the app and car and in general. Alerts starts to come and go for no apparent reason. All these self healing alerts gives me less and less confidence to take my car for a long road trip. The trunk issue has been surely the most bizarre so far. From completely inoperable to perfectly fine overnight is really hard to understand.
When the car sleeps, the computers are reset. It could've just been a glitch that is now solved. Have you had it happen more than once or just that singular time? As far as trips go, I have 26,000 miles on the car and I have no worries about taking it wherever I want to take it.

When the car sleeps, the computers are reset. It could've just been a glitch that is now solved. Have you had it happen more than once or just that singular time? As far as trips go, I have 26,000 miles on the car and I have no worries about taking it wherever I want to take it.
The only time (thus far) as far as the trunk failure is concerned.

I've done 3 road trips in excess of 1700 miles. If you don't trust the car you don't trust the car, but it's worked great for me on the long trips. Yes, you're going to have glitches and you have to work through them, but after 21 months of ownership, I'm pretty confident that I will be able to work through them with a bit of patience.

I've had the exact same problem, multiple times. It often starts when I'm doing freeway driving. The most recent time, I immediately called up Lucid Service, and the service manager could hear the "beep, beep, beep" in the background of the two warning messages replacing each other over and over.

The trunk problem is particularly amusing. If I use my rear camera while this light is on, the camera will sometimes synthesize an open trunk, even though the trunk is closed. The car is still driveable, except for the annoying continual beeps that can't be turned off.

I took it into the shop, and over the course of more than a week, they could find absolutely nothing wrong with the car. They couldn't find the events in the car logs, even though I mailed them photos of the event with time tags. They could find nothing wrong with my car either electronically or mechanically.

Typically, the problem is gone by the next day.

View attachment 22138 73F74E45-9565-4473-AC1A-BA507BFDF5B1_1_105_c.jpeg41EDF4A6-61B2-41A1-8172-906ABF7EFD3A_1_105_c.jpeg

The trunk has been an ongoing struggle on our Pure. It usually closes, but sometimes struggles and really torques the lid in the process. The frunk doesn't open like it should, I have to go in and out of the car hitting the button and pulling on the hood to finally get it to pop up. Not a big deal, just time out of my day.

Just yesterday I got the same combo of Redundant Light Failure and, more critically, Trunk Failure too. Trunk won't open now using any method.

I did the logo reset and it didn't help. I haven't had a chance to call customer service yet but from a few posts about this issue it doesn't seem to be something they can remotely fix.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal and I'd just contact Natick Service who are great but I'm 600 miles from Boston in Pittsburgh for a 2 week trip. Getting here my trunk, frunk, and backseat were loaded to the top with stuff including a 10X15 pop-up passed through the trunk to backseat.

I'm hoping the car sitting overnight might reset it. If it doesn't, I'll be in trouble at the end of this week because I won't be able to repack everything to get home.

The day it happened was only 80s but there were a few 90s days before it. There's been a lot of rain but trunk wasn't opened or exposed for any of that.

Crossing fingers it resolves itself enough for me to get home and have it checked.

Just yesterday I got the same combo of Redundant Light Failure and, more critically, Trunk Failure too. Trunk won't open now using any method.

I did the logo reset and it didn't help. I haven't had a chance to call customer service yet but from a few posts about this issue it doesn't seem to be something they can remotely fix.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal and I'd just contact Natick Service who are great but I'm 600 miles from Boston in Pittsburgh for a 2 week trip. Getting here my trunk, frunk, and backseat were loaded to the top with stuff including a 10X15 pop-up passed through the trunk to backseat.

I'm hoping the car sitting overnight might reset it. If it doesn't, I'll be in trouble at the end of this week because I won't be able to repack everything to get home.

The day it happened was only 80s but there were a few 90s days before it. There's been a lot of rain but trunk wasn't opened or exposed for any of that.

Crossing fingers it resolves itself enough for me to get home and have it checked.
I had the same thing this past weekend after a downpour. I did a few logo resets and a "hard" (turn signal) reset with no reprieve but I did one final hard reset and let it be overnight. It was fine the next morning. I scheduled service on the 22nd just in case. Good luck.

I've taken my car into the shop twice, and they've told me they can't find anything wrong with the car. At one point, I had this beeping going on constantly during a three-hour drive.

I've got one more appointment this coming Tuesday. I'm not going to take the car back until they tell me they've diagnosed the problem and fixed it.

Back