Trunk fail / Service win

AirPlur

Cars
AP AWD, '02 Boxster S 6MT
Hey fam, been a minute :) I'll first start off my saying how great the service team has been with my persistent trunk issues (awkwardly secures, randomly unlatches, sets off alarm), specifically the Millbrae team (s/o Christopher Robinson) and James Maddox at HQ, the latter who specifically reached out to me directly via a reply I'd made in this here forum.

Alas, as it seems, after 40+ days of servicing over countless visits, my Air Plur may need to be retired...at least from my driveway. Fingers crossed I can get myself into another one since, aside from the unique fitment issues I've had, I cannot think of a vehicle I'd rather own. I've also heard that there have been hardware upgrades from '23>'24 (battery heat pump inherited from Sapphire, etc), so maybe there are some silver linings here too. Looking forward to seeing what sort of options I'm presented with (fingers crossed for a manager's special courtesy lease rate), as all communication I've had with their team and remediation dept has left me feeling very attended-to and valued, both as a present and future customer.

Just curious - anyone else have persistent trunk fitment/latch issues that have been unsolvable after multiple extended service appointments? Or, any intel on any changes/improvements from '23>'24 aside from the trim changes?

Hey fam, been a minute :) I'll first start off my saying how great the service team has been with my persistent trunk issues (awkwardly secures, randomly unlatches, sets off alarm), specifically the Millbrae team (s/o Christopher Robinson) and James Maddox at HQ, the latter who specifically reached out to me directly via a reply I'd made in this here forum.

Alas, as it seems, after 40+ days of servicing over countless visits, my Air Plur may need to be retired...at least from my driveway. Fingers crossed I can get myself into another one since, aside from the unique fitment issues I've had, I cannot think of a vehicle I'd rather own. I've also heard that there have been hardware upgrades from '23>'24 (battery heat pump inherited from Sapphire, etc), so maybe there are some silver linings here too. Looking forward to seeing what sort of options I'm presented with (fingers crossed for a manager's special courtesy lease rate), as all communication I've had with their team and remediation dept has left me feeling very attended-to and valued, both as a present and future customer.

Just curious - anyone else have persistent trunk fitment/latch issues that have been unsolvable after multiple extended service appointments? Or, any intel on any changes/improvements from '23>'24 aside from the trim changes?
I am confused.
Do you currently own or lease? Is Lucid buying back your car? Are you planning on going from owning to leasing?

Air pure 2023 here - I had a trunk issue where it would randomly unlatch and then close then unlatch - all on repeat until I timed the "lock"button just as the trunk closed. It one time gullotined me. Contacted service - Brought it to the service center nearby, they fixed it promptly. They gave me a grand touring as a loaner (now I regret not getting massage seats). Overall a wonderful experience.

Glad you had better luck than I, and as much as I've enjoyed putting massaged miles on the GT loaner(s) I've borrowed, there is something nice about being able to drive your own actual car. I also think my tidal credentials are signed into every norcal loaner at this point (enjoy my obscure IDM playlists, greater bay area lucid community). Must just be a rare instance, and as you said, service have made what could have been a nightmare an as-good-aa-possible customer experience, making me all the more willing to give the brand a mulligan. Depending on the trim level, may have to come up with another personalized plate

Back