Trip from NJ to Atlanta via Columbia, SC

JerseyStrong

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Next week I will be traveling from NJ to Atlanta via Columbia SC In my Touring. Any comments on availability of EA on this route? This will be my first road-trip since picking up the car on April 6. I’ll be sure and share my experience.

I recently went from Annapolis, Md to Myrtle Beach with a stop in Rocky Mount, NC. Sheetz station where the EA charger was located. Nice stop with food and bathrooms. Charged well on 350 fast charger but you will not make it mileage wise without a previous stop. Emporia, Virginia at the Walmart right before the NC border was wide open on my return trip but stupid me forgot to precondition so I was only pulling 70-90 kilowatts. Shopping center is a little on the old side and not kept up very well, so I ended up just staying with the car.

How deep into the pack are you comfortable going, and NNJ or South Jersey?

ABRP is your friend.
Did you actually do a long road trip with ABRP? I tried using ABRP just SF Bay Area to LA and decided that it was not needed. I am planning a trip coast to coast and I will report how it goes but ABRP tool was very painful to use. I will cancel the premium subscription. The tool was too difficult to use and more so on a phone. I am depending on the inputs from those who drove those segements. Fremont, CA Vegas Denver Chicago Detroit Pittsburgh DC Knoxville Memphis Oklahoma city alberquerqe Kingman AZ Fremont, CA 6k miles

Did you actually do a long road trip with ABRP? I tried using ABRP just SF Bay Area to LA and decided that it was not needed. I am planning a trip coast to coast and I will report how it goes but ABRP tool was very painful to use. I will cancel the premium subscription. The tool was too difficult to use and more so on a phone. I am depending on the inputs from those who drove those segements. Fremont, CA Vegas Denver Chicago Detroit Pittsburgh DC Knoxville Memphis Oklahoma city alberquerqe Kingman AZ Fremont, CA 6k miles
Premium subscription is not needed. ABRP is difficult to use, but it is more accurate than built in navigation. Piecing together info from others is very risky.

Premium subscription is not needed. ABRP is difficult to use, but it is more accurate than built in navigation. Piecing together info from others is very risky.
The main issue I have with ABRP is Lucid does not tell it the SoC.

The EA stop in Commerce, GA and the one at The Mall of GA were good-to-go a month or so ago. There is also ONE in Charlotte that, ironically, I have never been to.

That should be available through carplay... unless lucid didnt enable it which I think they didnt.
No Lucid did not send SoC info to CarPlay.

There is a option to do that, and considering how much time they spent I really dont know why they didnt.
As it stands, Ford is the only company I am aware of that has taken the steps to do this. I'm hoping Lucid does in a future update. But they are probably feverishly working on Android Auto instead at the moment. (I do not think they have separate teams for this. Especially not after the layoffs.)

As it stands, Ford is the only company I am aware of that has taken the steps to do this. I'm hoping Lucid does in a future update. But they are probably feverishly working on Android Auto instead at the moment. (I do not think they have separate teams for this. Especially not after the layoffs.)
I mean, I could imagine apple requiring separate teams. Sounds like something apple would do, because they want everything seamless.
(chances of this are low)

I mean, I could imagine apple requiring separate teams. Sounds like something apple would do, because they want everything seamless.
Apple can't require Lucid to not allow people working on CarPlay to also work on other things. I mean, Apple is pretty powerful. But they aren't quite there yet.

Dragging the thread kicking and screaming back on topic ... Appreciate you'd likely prefer to stick with EA for the free electrons, but I'd also download the EVGo app and familiarise yourself with their locations. There's one in Charlotte, for example, that might be helpful on this particular trip. (and if you don't already have PlugShare, get that too!)

Dragging the thread kicking and screaming back on topic ... Appreciate you'd likely prefer to stick with EA for the free electrons, but I'd also download the EVGo app and familiarise yourself with their locations. There's one in Charlotte, for example, that might be helpful on this particular trip. (and if you don't already have PlugShare, get that too!)
And if you have a iphone these should be available on carplay, so no need for a phone! Planning still does help.

Lol this is not a thing apple can ever “demand” and get away with, unless there is a cost sharing arrangement or something similar.

This option is also very new (hence only one auto manufacturer using it), so my guess is it will eventually happen in a future OTA.

Back