Tow Hitch

Bachip

New Member

Joined
Jan 2, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Has anyone installed a tow hitch on an Air, I want it for a bike rack to handle two eMTB that I bring from Florida to Colorado.
 
Kewl... I see no indication of what will Lucid do about warranty on the Air with one installed?
 
This will likely have some impact on the warranty. I am not which to which extent. On a new vehicle I would be hesitant, but on used one whose warranty has or is about to lapse, why not.
I don´t have an air myself (although I keep eyeing on it). But a setup I would love for riding and camping trips is bike rack at the back and a nice cargo box on the roof.
 
Here you go! Shipping in February.
We have a similar hitch installed on our Model Y. It was ordered as part of the vehicle content and installed at the Tesla Service Center before we took delivery, so it is encompassed in our warranty.

Plus side...great way to transport bikes to the many occasions I ride spring through fall.

Minus...It confuses the hell out of FSD. Car drives like a drunken teenager. Damn near killed me twice before I realized the hitch or the bikes must be interfering with the rear cameras and confusing the system. Sad thing is that it wasn't until a recent OTA that the FSD system actually warns of degraded camera performance and recommends not using FSD.
 
Back
Top