Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserved March 13, 2022 - Stellar White, Tahoe Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

I didn't do something right & I didn't get into the tracker. I reserved on October 30, 2021, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain.

Looks like we're not getting our cars this year... revised to 6,000-7,000 cars versus original 12,000-14,000 cars for 2022. :'(

Looks like we're not getting our cars this year... revised to 6,000-7,000 cars versus original 12,000-14,000 cars for 2022. :'(
And yet they mention that they plan to ship T and Pure at the end of this year.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-03 5.24.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-03 5.24.58 PM.png
    152 KB · Views: 97
They may feel that they are caught up enough on GT confirmations to begin T/P confirmations and concurrent production of trims. Hopefully in 5 months' time they will be able to deliver one T and one P. I'd be surprised to get my car this year.

Pure speculation but....... I don't think they're going to deliver Pure's before delivering all the Tourings. We can see that people who confirmed GT's in March/April getting cars in June so they're being slotted into the current production runs and therefore I don't see Pure deliveries take place before Touring deliveries. Lucid said on yesterdays call that they have far less interest in the Tourings than the Grand Touring and Pure so I would assume if the numbers are really that low then they'll push through the Tourings relatively quickly and move onto Pures.

Pure speculation but....... I don't think they're going to deliver Pure's before delivering all the Tourings. We can see that people who confirmed GT's in March/April getting cars in June so they're being slotted into the current production runs and therefore I don't see Pure deliveries take place before Touring deliveries. Lucid said on yesterdays call that they have far less interest in the Tourings than the Grand Touring and Pure so I would assume if the numbers are really that low then they'll push through the Tourings relatively quickly and move onto Pures.
My DA told me on July 6 that Cosmos Silver AGT's will be Q4 deliveries because of the paint color matching problem with suppliers. I confirmed my order on March 29, 2022. If I get my CS AGT before year-end I will be happy enough.

My DA told me on July 6 that Cosmos Silver AGT's will be Q4 deliveries because of the paint color matching problem with suppliers. I confirmed my order on March 29, 2022. If I get my CS AGT before year-end I will be happy enough.
Well, this ostensibly opens up plant capacity to start making Touring/Pure in other colors. But I've generally been too optimistic with Lucid's production...

I think there are lots of possibilities. Tourings obviously net them higher revenue than Pure, and there's less disruption to the current workers, since a fully optioned Touring, at least, isn't that different from a GT. Different battery pack. Different seats. Minor other interior differences. Otherwise, build a GT. If there really are only a small number to build, why not get a bunch out there?

Given the similarities, though, I could see them taking the existing line that has been doing GT and GT-P and incorporate Touring orders along that same line. Or just pause GT for a few weeks and crank out as many fully-optioned Tourings as possible.

And then simultaneously set up a completely independent shift of workers who just crank out Pure. That way, they are building all three trims at once.

The web site makes it clear Tourings with metal roofs and non Surreal Sound Pro are going to be "later". Meaning next year. Maybe those will be done on the Pure line, even, after they've delivered on their promise to get some Pure out the door this year.

Having downgraded their delivery estimates twice, and having reaffirmed their promise to start production on Touring and Pure "this year", I can't see them taking any chances that they won't hit all three of those. Trying to get all the Tourings done first might just put the Pure production goal in jeopardy.

There may be value in adding Glass Roof? Y/N and Surreal Sound Pro? Y/N to the Touring Tracker. I have a feeling that's going to matter more than reservation date for the Touring, given they have already stated metal roof and Surreal Sound are both slated for "later availability".

I think there are lots of possibilities. Tourings obviously net them higher revenue than Pure, and there's less disruption to the current workers, since a fully optioned Touring, at least, isn't that different from a GT. Different battery pack. Different seats. Minor other interior differences. Otherwise, build a GT. If there really are only a small number to build, why not get a bunch out there?

Given the similarities, though, I could see them taking the existing line that has been doing GT and GT-P and incorporate Touring orders along that same line. Or just pause GT for a few weeks and crank out as many fully-optioned Tourings as possible.

And then simultaneously set up a completely independent shift of workers who just crank out Pure. That way, they are building all three trims at once.

The web site makes it clear Tourings with metal roofs and non Surreal Sound Pro are going to be "later". Meaning next year. Maybe those will be done on the Pure line, even, after they've delivered on their promise to get some Pure out the door this year.

Having downgraded their delivery estimates twice, and having reaffirmed their promise to start production on Touring and Pure "this year", I can't see them taking any chances that they won't hit all three of those. Trying to get all the Tourings done first might just put the Pure production goal in jeopardy.
Good points. They really needed to just keep it simple and have two versions, just like Tesla does for its cars.

Good points. They really needed to just keep it simple and have two versions, just like Tesla does for its cars.
Tough call. The three trims are solving for three different customers. Especially with the original pricing. With the new pricing, Touring gets too pricey for the middle-of-the road customers, I agree. Given how small the market is for cars above 100k, might as well just go for the big spenders there, and forget the folks who don't want to splurge.

Frankly, if GT and Pure were my only options though, I probably would have looked elsewhere. Pure is just too constrained for the price. And GT is just too hard for me to justify. The gap between those two is enormous.

They could have allowed just about any option on Pure, I suppose, and eliminated Touring as a separate trim. But that might be even more difficult from a production standpoint for a new car startup. I don't know. Maybe they could have offered Pure with packages of features, and not allowed individual options. Basically create a Touring package within the Pure trim. But I'm not sure that would have made things any easier.

Tesla makes the differences in their models mostly software. Which is super nice for streamlining production. But that doesn't fly as easily with luxury brands.

Five years from now, Air will probably only have two main trims. But that's likely after Gravity, and then whatever $55k model they put on the road. At that point Air can start at 100k, as a low-end model would be less necessary.

The concept of "waiting to make all the GTs before beginning the Ts or Pures....etc" is anathema to me. For Lucid to be a successful company there will need to be a steady flow or new orders of all three trim...every month, more and more of each. They can't possibly prioritize a GT order that comes in tomorrow over a Touring ordered 2 years ago. Am I missing something?

The concept of "waiting to make all the GTs before beginning the Ts or Pures....etc" is anathema to me. For Lucid to be a successful company there will need to be a steady flow or new orders of all three trim...every month, more and more of each. They can't possibly prioritize a GT order that comes in tomorrow over a Touring ordered 2 years ago. Am I missing something?
Well, they have been, up until now. People who ordered in March of this year are getting GTs. And there are Touring and Pure orders as old as 2020.

I agree, they have to get all three trims rolling eventually. They just haven't yet.

If you only have 1 line you can only produce 1 model at a time. Similar to Rivian, they currently have 2 lines running. 1 dedicated to the R1T and the other dedicated to the Amazon van. They are ramping up their 3rd line for the R1S.

Problem for Lucid is they don't have enough workers to staff 2 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back